Sanity and Schloss loc files for ProQuake/QRack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanity and Schloss loc files for ProQuake/QRack

Here are some very solid loc files for Sanity and Schloss in the very accurate, but hard to make, ProQuake format.

Unzip sanity.loc and schloss.loc into c:\quake\id1\locs folder and then play some clan arena at Bomber.

Sanity and Schloss absolutely rock for CA, but it is so annoying to not have loc files for these maps.

These are just text files so the download size is trivial

Download Link: Sanity and Schloss Loc Files
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Great thx, come to think of it is there any other loc files you can think of available for some of the other maps which are now running on the Euroquake server for instance?

Comment

woot!! I own at sanity when I play it on dm.quakeone.com, one of my fav custom levels. I'm also very good at ultraV. I'll test the sanity loc out when I get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhammer
        Great thx, come to think of it is there any other loc files you can think of available for some of the other maps which are now running on the Euroquake server for instance?
        I will be making more for the QuakeOne map pack, in particular.

Your maps package has 30 out of 31 of those, I believe (I excluded Bomberman because it doesn't have weapons and is just a fun map for Clan Arena use, and not serious use at that).

ProQuake locs are really hard to make, but I discovered a great method for making them (it's rather technical though). I've made one for a2 and am working on some others.

All the ones I know about are in the ProQuake EZ Installer in Files -> Clients. I bundled all of them in there, which includes UltraV and Q1Edge.

Originally posted by Monster
        woot!! I own at sanity when I play it on dm.quakeone.com, one of my fav custom levels. I'm also very good at ultraV. I'll test the sanity loc out when I get a chance.
        Play Clan Arena on Schloss! A wonderful map for CA, with all the intrigue and multiple routes, ambush spots and hiding places that make DM3 a blast.

Schloss = DM3 complexity but beautful and new, might actually surpass DM3 in being an outstanding CA map.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I think DM3 sucks. Don't know why it was chosen as THE ca level... Just a big spam level mostly. And no big wide open spaces to RJ either (except Outside,but noone goes there anyway), unlike sanity...

Comment

a2.loc added

Comment

Schloss is the shit level!!! Its my new fav CA level. Love the awesome castle atmosphere and hitler stuff. Was playing phenom on it the other day, was a ton of fun. Would be better if it was a single player level though.

I've also tested the sanity and schloss .locs and they work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                Schloss is the shit level!!! Its my new fav CA level.
                Schloss is outstanding for CA, it is absolutely perfect. It has everything that makes DM3 kickass for CA.

I've also tested the sanity and schloss .locs and they work fine.
                The Schloss loc file is perfect. I need to adjust 2 spots on Sanity that read as unknown, the spots are so small as to not matter. The A2 one is perfect as well, with no unknown spots.

A2 is not a good CA map, in my opinion, but I'll be loc'ing all the of the QuakeOne map pack.

Comment

Yeah I just caught a sanity .loc error a while ago... Not muh to worry about though.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                    a2.loc added

Great work cheers Baker

Comment

Working...
                    X