Co-op server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-op server?

I play Doom2 Co-op on the ZDaemon program and was wondering if there was a co-op server for Quake 1?

Yeah, the RQuake Team Cooperative server. It is listed in the servers block, click the little green arrow to get the maps.

http://www.quakeone.com/rquake
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Don't forget fvf: connect fvf.servequake.com
      Get the mod here:
      http://fvfpage.servequake.com
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Me and scar3crow were looking for a id1 coop server a while back. Apparently nobody but us play id1 :/

Comment

RQuake can do the id1 maps, you type "start" in the console and it takes you to the start map.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
            RQuake can do the id1 maps, you type "start" in the console and it takes you to the start map.
            Or you can type end and try to beat the current record which is 2:48

rQuake 1.1.099

------------------
            end
            Time: 2:48

Killed monsters: 9/20 (45)
            Secrets found: 1/1 (100)
            ------------------
            deathmatch: 1731
            temp1: 1159308
            scratch1: 16
            teamplay: 0
            sys_ticrate: 0.1
            sv_maxspeed: 320
            sv_gravity: 800
            sv_aim: 1
            ------------------
            Players
            []Lardarse -1 62.31.165.xxx
            --Davzing-DF-- 15 66.67.99.xxx
            16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
            16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Lardarse seems to have the end map download flat

(You have to kill Shub Niggurath with weapons in RQuake, it is an incredibly difficult task)

Comment

(You have to kill Shub Niggurath with weapons in RQuake, it is an incredibly difficult task)
                I wonder where THAT idea came from... hmmmmmm

Comment

From the beginning of time? Cause its been rather common for players to speak of wishing to kill the bosses in a typical fashion....
                  Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Most of RQuake's features come from COUGH COUGH!!!

This is just what I observe, RocketGuy can prove me wrong otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
                      Most of RQuake's features come from OMFG TEH FVF!!

This is just what I observe, RocketGuy can prove me wrong otherwise
                      x
                      e|------------------------0---------------
                      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                      A|---------------0------------------------
                      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

RQuake was influenced by FVF in some areas. Everyone knows that, it is no secret.

But RQuake has an enormous number of it's own ideas. Check the manual and see all of the things added in. RQuake pushed the limits of cooperative play in numerous ways, including the really cool Intro map and the server-side engine modification.

Comment

Originally posted by the_f0qer
                          x
                          YOU EDITED MY QUOTE! YOU BASTARD!

RQuake was influenced by FVF in some areas. Everyone knows that, it is no secret.
                          It isn't now I brought it up because someone, maybe you, was all like OMFG YOU CAN FIGHT SHUBBY which is like FvF version 1.5 or something old Gunter has a Chthon/shubby battle in id1 maps and also in custom maps. scary

Anyways, I'm just filling in for Gunter since he can only 662 here

Comment

Sniper, RocketGuy's old RuneQuake Coop had killable Chthon and Shub and that was 2 years ago, he had the XP system then and the backpack preservation. Those features were FVF features, of course.

That being said, as of early April 2006, RocketGuy's server was almost never used.

When RocketGuy and I started working on RQuake Team Cooperative, the goal was to build an open source mod that was convenient and exciting for cooperative play without straying far from the norms.

RQuake has a ton of team play conveniences and features never seen before any mod.

Just because FVF is a cooperative mod and RQuake is a cooperative mod doesn't make them the same or one a derivative of the other. Many of the RQuake features are communication related to make playing cooperative a blast.

Comment

totally not what I was inferring but thanks for letting others know

Comment

Working...
                              X