X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Just a couple of things added:
    1. The Painkeep mod files (so you can play the additional maps pack previously uploaded)
    2. The multiskin mod, just for a bit of nostalgia

It's my understanding that these are not commercial products and that the source code is available. If this is not the case please let me have the details and I will happily remove the files

Kind regards
    Monty

Leave a comment:

• Ebisu
    replied
    Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    I strive to grow the multiplayer community, that is my passion.
    I feel ya man. I try to get every person I meet into Quake. I've had quite a few successes recently after years of being rejected. One of the biggest problems is probably the difficulty curve. Most people don't want to play anymore after fighting the "Three man assblasting team" for the first time.

Also, I might be able to host stuff off my FTP server. I'll have to check on my arrangements later, but if OP is interested, PM or email me (email would be preferred.) Luckily it's only Quake stuff, so the fact it would be hosted on a Pentium IV running Slackware Linux probably isn't that big of a deal right?
    Last edited by Ebisu; 02-20-2015, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lennox
    replied
    i can host them too off bitch-nig.ga for ya

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
    For those players that like the Painkeep mod I've just added a custom set of 20 maps to the file repo. Some maps most people will have seen before (aerowalk, Ultraviolence, etc) and some maps may be new to you.

Just for reference this is the "Nothing" set of maps and you should find a readme included which is intended to help you get up and running with your new (well.... newish) maps

I hope to add more Painkeep and other mod files as time permits but in the interim yay Mindzy

Kind regards

Monty
    That is the objective! I plan on doing some fine tuning soon, for example there are many CAx servers and as far as I know each one has its own unique mapsets for warp menu 11, including 1 or 2 have the "King of the Hill" submod for CAx, so there is way more stuff that needs to be taken care of.

I figure once we have everything in order , that would be the best time to request hosting here at Quakeone.com

I am myself,STILL recollecting things that I have missing, like just the other day I redownloaded KOTH maps because I could not find them in my backups of Quake stuff lol.

This will be a WIP for quite a bit, but eventually it will be a invaluable asset for anyone who wants to play multiplayer Quake1.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    For those players that like the Painkeep mod I've just added a custom set of 20 maps to the file repo. Some maps most people will have seen before (aerowalk, Ultraviolence, etc) and some maps may be new to you.

Just for reference this is the "Nothing" set of maps and you should find a readme included which is intended to help you get up and running with your new (well.... newish) maps

I hope to add more Painkeep and other mod files as time permits but in the interim yay Mindzy

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Its looking good so far, Mindzy. It might be helpful to provide a few readme's so that newbies know how to use the files once they download them and can therefore put them to use straight off the bat. There are a couple of mod files i would like to add if that's ok.

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    you would

Leave a comment:

• monoz
    replied
    I will be in charge of he hax sections.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Sounds good to me!

Leave a comment:

• Solecord
    replied
    I can provide space to upload these files here directly in addition to dropbox or other places...

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    I'll have to add people who can or will help me maintain it. I'll do that tomorrow and PM everyone so far involved, you & r00k being noted persons.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    My apologies Mindzy, today was the first time I have seen this post.
    I'm up to my eyes in work this week but I will download your pack this weekend and take a look from the perspective of a new/returning player having zero files and wishing to join in the fun. Knowing you as I do, I imagine you will have most of it covered already but if I spot anything or can contribute further I will be in touch.

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
    @MIndz

Is the Doctor Still Baking a Qake?
    I doubt it ;/

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Added all those files. I'm just gonna dump my entire Qrack collection as well, you can find it there now.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    q1ctf/files

DOWNLOAD <<< 1 file all you need for q1ctf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X