No announcement yet.

Multiplayer Q1 startup kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its looking good so far, Mindzy. It might be helpful to provide a few readme's so that newbies know how to use the files once they download them and can therefore put them to use straight off the bat. There are a couple of mod files i would like to add if that's ok.

Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

For those players that like the Painkeep mod I've just added a custom set of 20 maps to the file repo. Some maps most people will have seen before (aerowalk, Ultraviolence, etc) and some maps may be new to you.

Just for reference this is the "Nothing" set of maps and you should find a readme included which is intended to help you get up and running with your new (well.... newish) maps

I hope to add more Painkeep and other mod files as time permits but in the interim yay Mindzy

Kind regards

Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
        For those players that like the Painkeep mod I've just added a custom set of 20 maps to the file repo. Some maps most people will have seen before (aerowalk, Ultraviolence, etc) and some maps may be new to you.

Just for reference this is the "Nothing" set of maps and you should find a readme included which is intended to help you get up and running with your new (well.... newish) maps

I hope to add more Painkeep and other mod files as time permits but in the interim yay Mindzy

Kind regards

Monty
        That is the objective! I plan on doing some fine tuning soon, for example there are many CAx servers and as far as I know each one has its own unique mapsets for warp menu 11, including 1 or 2 have the "King of the Hill" submod for CAx, so there is way more stuff that needs to be taken care of.

I figure once we have everything in order , that would be the best time to request hosting here at Quakeone.com

I am myself,STILL recollecting things that I have missing, like just the other day I redownloaded KOTH maps because I could not find them in my backups of Quake stuff lol.

This will be a WIP for quite a bit, but eventually it will be a invaluable asset for anyone who wants to play multiplayer Quake1.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

i can host them too off bitch-nig.ga for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            I strive to grow the multiplayer community, that is my passion.
            I feel ya man. I try to get every person I meet into Quake. I've had quite a few successes recently after years of being rejected. One of the biggest problems is probably the difficulty curve. Most people don't want to play anymore after fighting the "Three man assblasting team" for the first time.

Also, I might be able to host stuff off my FTP server. I'll have to check on my arrangements later, but if OP is interested, PM or email me (email would be preferred.) Luckily it's only Quake stuff, so the fact it would be hosted on a Pentium IV running Slackware Linux probably isn't that big of a deal right?
            Last edited by Ebisu; 02-20-2015, 01:41 PM.
            Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Just a couple of things added:
              1. The Painkeep mod files (so you can play the additional maps pack previously uploaded)
              2. The multiskin mod, just for a bit of nostalgia

It's my understanding that these are not commercial products and that the source code is available. If this is not the case please let me have the details and I will happily remove the files

Kind regards
              Monty
              Mr.Burns

Comment

Hoi Kampers!! Been gone for a minute but trying to come back. Unfortunately can't find my original disk. So, I downloaded one off the net and my config is all messed up. When I try +mlook i instantly look straight into the air and can't shoot nothing.
                Then I noticed I don't even have an autocong....bahahahaha

Anybody help?? Dee

Comment

bind shift "say_team @ %l A%a|H%h %w %rl"
                  bind space +movedown
                  bind e +forward
                  bind s +moveleft
                  bind f +moveright
                  bind d +back
                  bind mouse1 +attack
                  bind mouse2 +jump
                  bind mwheelup "impulse 7"
                  bind mouse3 "impulse 8"
                  bind w "say_team took %l %p %t"
                  bind r "say_team PAK @ %l"
                  unbind ,
                  bind 0 "exec autoexec.cfg"
                  fov 111
                  v_kickpitch 0
                  v_kickroll 0
                  v_kicktime 0
                  cl_rollangle 0
                  cl_bob 0
                  gl_polyblend 0
                  r_wateralpha .02
                  show_fps 1
                  pq_moveup 1
                  cl_maxfps 500
                  r_novis 1
                  r_wateralpha .3
                  cl_upspeed 999
                  cl_sidespeed 999
                  cl_backspeed 999
                  cl_forwardspeed 999
                  unbind ctrl
                  +mlook
                  r_shadows "1"
                  alias blue "color 13;ready"
                  alias red "color 4;ready"
                  alias yellow "color 12;ready"

That is the contents of my autoconfig
                  modify/delete/add whatever you need.

and lastly

WELCOME BACK U FN HACKER. BETTER UP DATE YOUR BOT YOU ARE GONNA NEED IT.
                  (inside joke)
                  Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 11-10-2015, 06:02 PM.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

What the fuck man...............

REALLY?

WTF, CAN'T HAVE NOTHING????

Comment

hey can you repost that quake link it is broken

Hey that quake project i want to try it can you relink it your link is broken to much generated traffic error. Please i am wanting to quake online play thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kingnoger View Post
                        Hey that quake project i want to try it can you relink it your link is broken to much generated traffic error. Please i am wanting to quake online play thanks.
                        Gadzooks he/she is right! What kind of evilness has been visited upon us?!
                        Unless Mindzy gets in there first I'll see if I can log in later (as I don't have the credentials with me) . Was there anything specific you wanted to get your hands on ?

Kind regards

Monty
                        Mr.Burns

Comment

Can someone re-upload this please?

Comment

If anyone has the files I am happy to host them as an alternate mirror to the dropbox.

Comment

Alas it seems that Dropbox has decided that there was too much traffic going to that account and appear to have disabled public sharing. It is still a valid account but its not clear what options/alternatives (if any) they are willing to offer. I'm not the owner of this archive, credit for that should go to Mindz, but I have made a copy of the core MP files (Maps, Mods, Clients) just for safe keeping and am looking for a good publicly accessible place to store them.

@Sole: I was just wondering is there any capacity here at Quakeone.com? I only ask as it would seem a good central place to put them and if there is anything I can to do help facilitate this please let me know. No problems if not, I appreciate web space can sometimes be quite costly, I'm sure I'll find something

@DJ: I'm just curious, in case Quakeone.com is not an option what type of mirror did you have in mind?

Kind regards

Monty
                              Mr.Burns

Comment

I'm happy to host them on FTP or through a service similar to Dropbox that allows me to share the publicly available link.

No restrictions on traffic.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X