X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindf!3ldzX
    started a topic Multiplayer Q1 startup kit

Multiplayer Q1 startup kit

This post will include anything / everything a old school returning Quaker would or could need to return to Q1 gaming. The return of Silence has initiated a desire for such a thing to exist.

Anyone wanting to contribute to this project can feel free to do so, I'm currently uploading what I perceive to be relevant multiplayer Q1 files.

I will most definitely miss stuff, so any help is appreciated. I'm taking a break from it for the moment, will work more on it later.

I signed up for DropBox explicitly for this purpose!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zpd2mwzvq...MtjUQQMma?dl=0

We'll try the method of just posting the link and go from there, I'm pretty sure everyone at this community is trust worthy.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 01-07-2015, 02:52 AM.

• Mugwump
    replied
    You're welcome.
    in one foul swoop
    Hehe, nice typo!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Thanks BFG,

I've backed up a number of the Map Packs (FFANY, Slide, Painkeep, Dredd, TX, etc) that were on the DropBox account on to the Multiplayer\Maps section of QuakeTastic along with a few of the publicly available downloads for engines, mods, serversprint scripts and locs. This is only as a backup in case DropBox never comes back and isn't as organized. As mentioned in an earlier post, I would have preferred to organize them here on QuakeOne.com, but the opportunity didn't materialize and needs must

Just in case there is any confusion, I'm no archivist and credit for the idea, setup and most of the content of the Multiplayer archive belongs to Mindzy. I'm just trying to help the community whilst the archive is inaccessible by doing some of the donkey work in making the files available to those Quakers that need them.

Just as an aside, for those that already have the FFANY map pack installed and want to just download the additional maps that have very recently been added to the Shmack RuneQuake (RQ) server in one fell swoop, you should be able to get a map pack from QuakeTastic at the following URL - http://www.quaketastic.com/files/mul...k_ShmackRQ.zip and copy the bsp files in contains in to your quake\id1\maps folder. As with all downloads from the net please ensure that you virus check the files before using them and you use them at your own risk.

Kind regards

Monty
    P.S. Good to see you back Frenzy.
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 06-24-2017, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Frenzy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Check the OP here.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Nice idea. Looking at the page there doesn't seem to be any options to upload without a log in, which I don't have and there doesn't seem to be a link on the page to allow you to get one. Is there a generic account or do you need an individual account issued by the site admins?

Kind regards
    Mr.B

@Mindz: Would you mind checking your PM's when you get a free minute ?

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Can't you just upload the files to Quaketastic?

Leave a comment:

• DJLawson
    replied
    I'm happy to host them on FTP or through a service similar to Dropbox that allows me to share the publicly available link.

No restrictions on traffic.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Alas it seems that Dropbox has decided that there was too much traffic going to that account and appear to have disabled public sharing. It is still a valid account but its not clear what options/alternatives (if any) they are willing to offer. I'm not the owner of this archive, credit for that should go to Mindz, but I have made a copy of the core MP files (Maps, Mods, Clients) just for safe keeping and am looking for a good publicly accessible place to store them.

@Sole: I was just wondering is there any capacity here at Quakeone.com? I only ask as it would seem a good central place to put them and if there is anything I can to do help facilitate this please let me know. No problems if not, I appreciate web space can sometimes be quite costly, I'm sure I'll find something

@DJ: I'm just curious, in case Quakeone.com is not an option what type of mirror did you have in mind?

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• DJLawson
    replied
    If anyone has the files I am happy to host them as an alternate mirror to the dropbox.

Leave a comment:

• enderandrew
    replied
    Can someone re-upload this please?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Originally posted by kingnoger View Post
    Hey that quake project i want to try it can you relink it your link is broken to much generated traffic error. Please i am wanting to quake online play thanks.
    Gadzooks he/she is right! What kind of evilness has been visited upon us?!
    Unless Mindzy gets in there first I'll see if I can log in later (as I don't have the credentials with me) . Was there anything specific you wanted to get your hands on ?

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• kingnoger
    replied
    hey can you repost that quake link it is broken

Hey that quake project i want to try it can you relink it your link is broken to much generated traffic error. Please i am wanting to quake online play thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    What the fuck man...............

REALLY?

WTF, CAN'T HAVE NOTHING????

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    bind shift "say_team @ %l A%a|H%h %w %rl"
    bind space +movedown
    bind e +forward
    bind s +moveleft
    bind f +moveright
    bind d +back
    bind mouse1 +attack
    bind mouse2 +jump
    bind mwheelup "impulse 7"
    bind mouse3 "impulse 8"
    bind w "say_team took %l %p %t"
    bind r "say_team PAK @ %l"
    unbind ,
    bind 0 "exec autoexec.cfg"
    fov 111
    v_kickpitch 0
    v_kickroll 0
    v_kicktime 0
    cl_rollangle 0
    cl_bob 0
    gl_polyblend 0
    r_wateralpha .02
    show_fps 1
    pq_moveup 1
    cl_maxfps 500
    r_novis 1
    r_wateralpha .3
    cl_upspeed 999
    cl_sidespeed 999
    cl_backspeed 999
    cl_forwardspeed 999
    unbind ctrl
    +mlook
    r_shadows "1"
    alias blue "color 13;ready"
    alias red "color 4;ready"
    alias yellow "color 12;ready"

That is the contents of my autoconfig
    modify/delete/add whatever you need.

and lastly

WELCOME BACK U FN HACKER. BETTER UP DATE YOUR BOT YOU ARE GONNA NEED IT.
    (inside joke)
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 11-10-2015, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X