Quake World or Darkplaces server hosing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake World or Darkplaces server hosing

Hello! Is there any services that host Quake World servers or Darkplaces servers? Please tell me! Or i have to host servers on my own?

yes. Pretty much. You can pay to host a server,or as you mentioned, host your own.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      yes. Pretty much. You can pay to host a server,or as you mentioned, host your own.
      Can you tell me some services that host darkplaces servers? Or quake world?
      Last edited by adih2001; 12-30-2014, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Well, first narrow it down to where you want to host the server. Are you in the USA? Where about in the USA?

I'll help you as much as I can, at least until someone who has experience renting servers pops in. It's none of my business but what is your goals in hosting your own server?

My take on the situation lately is, we have plenty of servers not enough players.
        Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 12-30-2014, 07:25 AM.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          Well, first narrow it down to where you want to host the server. Are you in the USA? Where about in the USA?

I'll help you as much as I can, at least until someone who has experience renting servers pops in. It's none of my business but what is your goals in hosting your own server?

My take on the situation lately is, we have plenty of servers not enough players.
          Its good in USA!

Comment

Top 10 Game Server Provider Reviews, Ratings and Coupons

I found that for you.

Comment

Hey mate! Thanks you from help! But none of services are hosting quake 1 servers... I saw you have alist of quake server! could you tell me who is hosting them?

Comment

Originally posted by adih2001 View Post
                Hey mate! Thanks you from help! But none of services are hosting quake 1 servers... I saw you have alist of quake server! could you tell me who is hosting them?
                I'll chime in and help you out.

Look at www.linode.com and setup an account. $20 month and you can host a world of server's from one box.

You must know enough about linux in order to set up a server. Almost every server now day's is ran off Linux and very few ran off windows.

You will have a very difficult time finding a "game server host" that will host a quake server. Most only host Quake 2, 3 & 4 and some not even Quake 2 or 4.

Try the site posted above. They have several location's you can choose where you want your server. Good luck.

Comment

Before you go ahead and set up your server it might be worth reviewing the server list to make sure that there isn't already a server running your mod of choice in your desired area. It would seem silly to duplicate something that is already in existence and thus deplete the player base from current servers. I think Mindzy hit the nail on the head when he made reference to the fact that, thanks to very kind people like Wicked Lord and Polarite, having servers available to play on is not really an issue at the moment. Having players to play on the available servers is. ...unless of course we have a tournament at which point players come out of the woodwork to smash each other to bits

If you do decide to progress with you server I wish you the best of luck

Kind regards

Monty
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Late reply, but better late than never

Well, the good news is that its very unlikely that you HAVE to setup your own server, as there 400 quakeworld servers around the world and dozens in USA alone.

the BAD news is... noone referenced News / QuakeServers.net _THE_ reference for Quake servers (NetQuake servers aswell!)

If you want to host your own QuakeWorld server, its a 5min job for anyone. go to nQuake and download a server package for windows or linux. run it, yes yes yes, done.
                    never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X