No announcement yet.

I just tried to play some quakeworld...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just tried to play some quakeworld...

and what a disappointment.

This crap is so fragmented and difficult to understand, it's a complete joke.

HEH, is it too late to ask for detalis?
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

The only thing I really liked about QW was the grappling hook. Added a whole new level of action to the game.
      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
        The only thing I really liked about QW was the grappling hook. Added a whole new level of action to the game.
        I can't speak for the QW morning star, but netquake has it too.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

No one even plays quake world, and the internet code kind of sucks (not that i know how to code...) but there is just so much lag and stuff... I bet it was great in the 90's though.

Comment

Too bad you didn't like.

Its not exactly friendly for the first runner, but again, this is Quake. This isn't CS.

hop on irc or the forums at quakeworld.nu and ask for help, most of the guys are helpful

@RangerXT unfortunately none of what you said is true. well, maybe the part that noone plays it anymore is true, at least compared with 5 or 10 years ago.

Qw's netcode is still very good after almost 20 years. also some "recent" features, like "automatic best route lookup" is something 99% of the games don't have. The awesome netcode allow intercontinental matches with very good conditions, making proper use of prediction, etc. eg. Brazilians vs Euro in a NY server with average ping 90.

Demos are on the servers, or even in QTV, have fun browsing
            QuakeWorld Servers / QuakeServers.net
            QuakeTV: Now Playing

if you have QuakeWorld, click on Stream to see it http://qtv.froschroom.com:28000/demos/
            never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
            X