PC Mac Crossplay possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Mac Crossplay possible?

So, me and my friend want to play some coop but he's on mac and I'm on PC. I was wondering if it's possible? If so, through which software?
    Preferably we want to stick to Darkplaces, but that's not a a priority.
    Last edited by hgdagon; 07-15-2015, 06:23 AM.
    MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Any Quake engine (program) will do crossplatform play just fine, although to make sure things go well you should probably use the same kind of Quake engine on all of the computers involved.

Comment

And what about the software, what is there pc & mac compatible (I mean connection software, like evolve or Hamachi)?
      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

Stick with the good ol' IP/Port scheme

on OS X there isn't many of those Virtual Private Network softwares as on Windows... And most of the Windows ones doesn't have a native OS X port.

Darkplaces works just fine cross-platform... And if you do wanna try something that doesn't existis for OS X, there will always exist WINESKIN.

Comment

You mean it's possible to connect WITHOUT any VPN Software? Just through public ip?

Comment

yeah. tcp/ip is standard regardless of platform. just start your server, give him it's address, have him enter "connect (server address here)", and your good!
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

If the server/host is on the same LAN as any other clients then it really is as simple as that.

If the server is behind a NAT setup, then you're going to have to mess with port forwarding. The correct process there will be different depending on whether you are using QuakeWorld or not. (QuakeWorld is easier I think.)

Comment

Working...
              X