ProQuake 493 Connection Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProQuake 493 Connection Problem

Hello, I would like to know because my friend can not connect to my departure, it appears that:

I dont know much is not about the issue of quake, but if I need to open port 26000 so they can connect, exclusions in the firewall and antivirus exclusions for both the program and for connections and ports.

Also, before I could play with my friends, now with the same game I can not play with my friends.

Note: I use this ProQuake:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v4...fv/Quake+I.rar

I don't know a lot about the technical side of this, so someone else will have to help with that.

I do however know that if you use darkplaces to host, is is a lot easier. here's a link: LordHavoc's DarkPlaces Quake Modification

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
      I don't know a lot about the technical side of this, so someone else will have to help with that.

I do however know that if you use darkplaces to host, is is a lot easier. here's a link: LordHavoc's DarkPlaces Quake Modification
      On the other hand, i try Darkplaces, and it works, the problem is that my friends do not have a computer good enough to play with graphic quality.

Incidentally, I do in Darkplaces settings so that the screen does not move when you walk on the sides (as shaking his head from side to side)
      Thnxs for fast Reply

Comment

Forums have a search function, that will scratch you when you have an itch if you allow it haha

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...orwarding.html

Head shaking side to side and stuff....

v_kickpitch 0
        v_kickroll 0
        v_kicktime 0
        cl_rollangle 0
        cl_bob 0

^ That. put them in an autoexec.cfg like that
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          Forums have a search function, that will scratch you when you have an itch if you allow it haha

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...orwarding.html

Head shaking side to side and stuff....

v_kickpitch 0
          v_kickroll 0
          v_kicktime 0
          cl_rollangle 0
          cl_bob 0

^ That. put them in an autoexec.cfg like that
          Thnxs for fast Reply, i try it

Edit:

v_kickpitch 0
          v_kickroll 0
          v_kicktime 0
          cl_rollangle 0
          cl_bob 0
          Yes, it work, thnxs again
          Last edited by Tonblader; 08-03-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Your friends don't need Darkplaces to host connect to a host running it, so long as the protocol is not Darkplaces only

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
              Your friends don't need Darkplaces to host connect to a host running it, so long as the protocol is not Darkplaces only
              It means I can create from Darkplace and can enter from ProQuake?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonblader View Post
                It means I can create from Darkplace and can enter from ProQuake?
                Hi Tonblader
                Just to avoid confusion over your connection query, you can run a dedicated netquake server using various engines including Darkplaces and Proquake. Darkplaces servers have an additional option where server owners can use a separate protocol instead of the standard netquake protocol if they wish. Whilst I'm sure there must be sound technical reasons for using this protocol it has the drawback of only allowing darkplaces clients to connect to the server if this is the only protocol available. You could therefore be restricting the number of of potential players who will connect as many players like to stick with their favourite quake engine rather than have to swap over to something they are unfamiliar with.

To recap..
                1. Proquake servers will allow any netquake engine to connect to it
                2. Darkplaces servers running the standard netquake protocol will allow any netquake engine (Darkplaces, Proquake, Qrack, DirectQ, etc) to connect to it
                3. Darkplaces servers running the standard DP7 protocol will only allow Darkplaces engines to connect to it

Hope this helps

Monty
                Last edited by Mr.Burns; 08-17-2015, 03:56 AM.
                Mr.Burns
                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
                X