Help QRack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help QRack

Hi, i downloaded the qrack and my configs and locs of joequake aren't working.
    Where should i download a good player config with team messages and the locs ?
    Thanks
    Bruno

Originally posted by dega View Post
    Hi, i downloaded the qrack and my configs and locs of joequake aren't working.
    Where should i download a good player config with team messages and the locs ?
    Thanks
    Bruno
    put configs into

X:\Quake\qrack\autoexec.cfg
    X:\Quake\qrack\config.cfg

locs and maps can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zpd2mwzvq...MtjUQQMma?dl=0 , a project Mr.Burns myself and others have worked on. The newest Qrack is available for download there as well.

qrack_2015.9_4943 is the one you want. also , might I suggest making yourself an autoexec.cfg and stuffing your entire config into it , like I have. You will then be able to take your autoexec.cfg with you to any client with just that.

autoexec.cfg
    Code:
    bind shift "say_team @ %l A%a|H%h %w %rl"
    bind space +movedown
    bind e +forward
    bind s +moveleft
    bind f +moveright
    bind mouse1 +attack
    bind mouse2 +jump
    bind mwheelup "impulse 7"
    bind mouse3 "impulse 8"
    bind w "say_team took %l %p %t"
    bind r "say_team PAK @ %l"
    unbind ,
    bind 0 "exec autoexec.cfg"
    fov 124
    v_kickpitch 0
    v_kickroll 0
    v_kicktime 0
    cl_rollangle 0
    cl_bob 0
    gl_polyblend 0
    r_wateralpha .02
    show_fps 1
    pq_moveup 1
    cl_maxfps 500
    r_novis 1
    r_wateralpha .3
    cl_upspeed 999
    cl_sidespeed 999
    cl_backspeed 999
    cl_forwardspeed 999
    unbind ctrl
    weapon-toggles
    +mlook
    r_shadows "1"
    alias blue "color 13;ready"
    alias red "color 4;ready"
    alias yellow "color 12;ready"
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-16-2015, 11:38 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

The link has a folder Quake Loc and 3 zips inside.
      What choose?
      And another question... The qrack dont have the tp_report automatic ? You have a key (w) to say_team took....
      The joe quake do this automaticaly when i get an item in the map... example.. Took Ya... Took rl at %l..

Comment

The link has a folder Quake Loc and 3 zips inside.
        What choose?
        And another question... The qrack dont have the tp_report automatic ? You have a key (w) to say_team took....
        The joe quake do this automaticaly when i get an item in the map... example.. Took Ya... Took rl at %l..

That is correct , I smack a button when I pick up items. I've only ever heard of JoeQuake (Brazil edition!) having the autoreport feature, ]GNS[ has that exact version.

grab them all in my opinion, later on I'll combine them into one zip.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Ok, they are all combined now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            That is correct , I smack a button when I pick up items. I've only ever heard of JoeQuake (Brazil edition!) having the autoreport feature, ]GNS[ has that exact version.
            kimp has that as well (took item @ loc)

Comment

IDK whats so complicated with pressing a button as you pick something up lol

Comment

Our face that complicated ... nobody has a version that automatically sends messages? The qrack have the source, poderimos implement this ...

Comment

And... the qrack is more pretty than joequake

Comment

I do the same,I have 1 loc button I hit before I pick up a powerup and anyone that actually reads my msg will see the PU as I post it after I pick it that now I have whatever it is.No need for any stupid extra weight.
                    Also there is a switch in Qrack that will store your cvars so you do not have to exec your custom cfg every time you restart.
                    Last edited by bluntz; 09-16-2015, 04:26 PM.
                    WARNING
                    May be too intense for some viewers.
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                    ---------------------------
                    .--------------------------

Comment

Our face that complicated ... nobody has a version that automatically sends messages? The qrack have the source, poderimos implement this ...
                      Our face that complicated?

https://www.google.com/search?num=10...ogle+translate

^ use that maybe. I'm going to guess Portuguese ??

r00k é o curador da Qrack , ele seria o cara para falar sobre começá-lo oficialmente implementado ! A última coisa que precisamos é de um grupo de versões personalizadas correndo com características que poderiam ser úteis para os outros.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                        Our face that complicated?

^ use that maybe. I'm going to guess Portuguese ??

r00k é o curador da Qrack , ele seria o cara para falar sobre começá-lo oficialmente implementado ! A última coisa que precisamos é de um grupo de versões personalizadas correndo com características que poderiam ser úteis para os outros.
                        sorry ... Spellcheck spoiled the sentence. I meant that compared to joequake , qrack and more complicated by having a bind key to this. I understand that we can not have several versions , however and open source and provides improvements. Nothing prevents the community to make and send to the r00k analysis. But I thank the help . I'll try installing again.

Comment

Dega is speaking of the JOEx which is a hybrid of JoeQuake and ProQuakeBR,
                          which took proquake (netquake) and merged it with the pseudo-"pro" features of QuakeWorld, by implementing the ability to point at something and message your team of it's loc. Also, automating the taking of items, among other game breaking things; ie fullbrights, etc.

QuakeWorld, post open source, catered to all the mass-cool kids and made quake a complete joke.

IMHO, it degrades the game. To the lazy-pseudo-pro it is as standard as the proquake %macros.

Qrack is open source, if you want to add gay fluffy pillows go ahead. I dont think we need to pollute the game any further. Heck, even QuakeLive took on fullbright skins because of the gaynus that which was once QuakeWorld; sheez!

/rant off.

Dega, im working on cleaning up loose ends and publishing a new version of Qrack.
                          I only hope you have fun with your Quake experience with your friends, though different to ours. Please dont get upset at my dislike of how Quake had changed from should be to could be code-wise, which altered the game into extinction.

Qrack already has some borderline features that keep it on par for new players.
                          For example, I added r_outline, that puts an outline around players, that IS affected by the surrounding light, IN CONTRAST, to JoeQuake's FullBRIGHT skins.

If you want an automated "took" command get used to spamming mouse3 "Took %l"
                          which pretty much says "Took RL" Took RA, TOOK Ring, etc...dont be the lazy Quaker.

EDIT: Or better yet go download FTE, it can run as a netquake client too and has all that QW bs that you want.
                          Last edited by R00k; 09-16-2015, 10:36 PM.
                          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                            I do the same,I have 1 loc button I hit before I pick up a powerup and anyone that actually reads my msg will see the PU as I post it after I pick it that now I have whatever it is.No need for any stupid extra weight.
                            Also there is a switch in Qrack that will store your cvars so you do not have to exec your custom cfg every time you restart.
                            there's also the writealias {filename.ext} command too! It will create "filename.ext" and save any aliases that are in memory.
                            which is handy going from runequake to cax to crmod.
                            u can fireup quake type unaliasall
                            then connect to runequake
                            type writealias "runequake.cfg"
                            then edit that cfg and put on the top line, UNALIASALL, then save
                            and do so for each mod you frequent.
                            so when u connect to crmod just exec crmod.cfg and it will clean out all leftover aliases and keep everything running smooth!

or for the most part if going from one mod to another, just type unaliasall between connects. and the server/mod will stuff all the required aliases to you.

now one thing that bites my ass is runequake has the ability to bind keys to things which imho is just fucking stupid and EVIL!!! DAMN YOU SLOT!!
                            in that casea just type unbindall then type exec autoexec.cfg and you will be back to normal.
                            Last edited by R00k; 09-16-2015, 10:45 PM.
                            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Do not worry r00k ... I will not be upset about anything here I said ... I love quake , I player since 2005 and I admire the strength that the quake has outside Brazil. We have a new server and all the old players are being invited and return to play ... I'm honestly tired of joequake and so I decided to switch to qrack but the question of " macros " is a freshness and do not want anymore . I am also a developer and completely understand their arguments , not want to have a polluted game ...

Thanks for the clarification and anxiously await the new version !

I'm playing in Texas , any day we will start together but ignoring the lag that I get 150 ping

Hugs!

Comment

Working...
                              X