Help QRack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R00k View Post
    there's also the writealias {filename.ext} command too! It will create "filename.ext" and save any aliases that are in memory.
    which is handy going from runequake to cax to crmod.
    u can fireup quake type unaliasall
    then connect to runequake
    type writealias "runequake.cfg"
    then edit that cfg and put on the top line, UNALIASALL, then save
    and do so for each mod you frequent.
    so when u connect to crmod just exec crmod.cfg and it will clean out all leftover aliases and keep everything running smooth!

or for the most part if going from one mod to another, just type unaliasall between connects. and the server/mod will stuff all the required aliases to you.

now one thing that bites my ass is runequake has the ability to bind keys to things which imho is just fucking stupid and EVIL!!! DAMN YOU SLOT!!
    in that casea just type unbindall then type exec autoexec.cfg and you will be back to normal.
    Well dam even I did not know that one.And I also agree 100% and is the reason I very seldom Rune as it totally fubars my cfg.Nothing worse than getting a target in the crosshairs,pulling the trigger and pfffffft. I spray fluffy bunnys at them!
    In the old days I seem to remember a HUD designed specifically for Rune that showed what ALT fire was chosen ATM and was much easier to deal with.
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
      Well dam even I did not know that one.And I also agree 100% and is the reason I very seldom Rune as it totally fubars my cfg.Nothing worse than getting a target in the crosshairs,pulling the trigger and pfffffft. I spray fluffy bunnys at them!
      In the old days I seem to remember a HUD designed specifically for Rune that showed what ALT fire was chosen ATM and was much easier to deal with.
      weapon-toggles , in console!! I have RL bound to wheelup and when guided rockets was introduced it completely screwed my config.

Because of the RL change you'll never see me using ANY alt-weapons, even though I enjoyed lava gun (4 twice) and bfg (8 twice) , when I would roll wheel up to select RL, once the guided rockets replaced ricochet rocket (or whatever used to be there) , instead of firing a rocket at the enemy continuing to aim and fight the opponent, I would fn start guiding a stupid rocket which lead to my player just sitting their a fucking idiot free to be attacked by the enemy.

IMO, guided rocket was added to appease campers, because it sure as FUCK isn't worth shit for a direct 1on1 fight.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        weapon-toggles , in console!! I have RL bound to wheelup and when guided rockets was introduced it completely screwed my config.

Because of the RL change you'll never see me using ANY alt-weapons, even though I enjoyed lava gun (4 twice) and bfg (8 twice) , when I would roll wheel up to select RL, once the guided rockets replaced ricochet rocket (or whatever used to be there) , instead of firing a rocket at the enemy continuing to aim and fight the opponent, I would fn start guiding a stupid rocket which lead to my player just sitting their a fucking idiot free to be attacked by the enemy.

IMO, guided rocket was added to appease campers, because it sure as FUCK isn't worth shit for a direct 1on1 fight.
        Exactly the biggest offender for me as well.And even more infuriating ,if I somehow manage to avoid being splattered and I remount the RL,I find the clip was emptied by that GM shot leaving me helpless and fodder.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X