Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dm.quakeone.com notes

Somes notes on dm.quakeone.com:

1. Seems to crash occasionally. Tonight it did it in the middle of a game on A2.

2. The thing really seems to like A2. A2 seems to come up after any warped map. Would be nice it if were randomized a little.

3. Solecord says strength is overpowered, I don't think it is. As it is the only offensive rune, it is more useful in killing fresh spawns but I don't think it's imbalanced at all. The imbalanced part is Solecord himself (he's smart, fast and prioritizes his enemies well). I've played Solecord, Monster and Hydro and if they get strength, I just grab resistance. No big deal. If you are fast and accurate, strength is going to be a better choice as it is in CTF.

4. Map rotation needs tweaked a little. Q1Edge shouldn't be in the rotation unless more weapons are added in. It only has 1 or 2 RL's and is a big map.

5. This is important. DM+ needs the xCTF fix that makes the server roll to the next map instead of sitting on intermission on the current one. Why? Because if I connect when the server has been idle, it will end the intermission and for the next few seconds, no one can connect and gives the impression that the server is down. Mindz and Lerster thought the server was down due to that the other night and told me "I couldn't connect."
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Yeah, the map randomizer sucks badly. None of the cool maps ever come up, like aerowalk, fragtown, agent orange, etc.

And don't forget the bug in UltraV where people get buried in the ground. This happened to Lardarse today.

Now that I think about it, strength isn't overpowered at all. Baker is right, it is just because sole plays the maps well.

Comment

Yeah and someone went from an observer to playing and spawned with 800 health. I think that was Hydro.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Bottie bot bot bot!!
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

It sits at intermission when no ones is on cause it requires very little server resources. As for maps ya it will be tweaked but there will only be 5 in rotation, but you can of course vote the rest.
          uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
            Yeah and someone went from an observer to playing and spawned with 800 health. I think that was Hydro.
            And me, twice. Once when I got stuck in the ground. (That might be an info_player_deathmatch in a bad position) And the second time when it crashed on A2 about 1 second after I came out of observer mode.
            16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
            16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

I've never seen a player spawn in the ground in UltraV except at dm.quakeone.com

I just checked and UltraV only has 6 spawn points and none in that section of the map (the lower level near the switch).

Weird!

edit = the coordinate positions of that area that players have spawned appears to be 0,0,0 in the map; I've never seen a spawn telefrag on dm.quakeone.com, a bug in the respawn code???
              Last edited by Baker; 07-14-2006, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Spawning at 0, 0, 0 on a map where there arent spawnspots around?
                Is this happening on other maps? Or on that map without the mod?

It sounds like a definition of origin problem - typically a mapper does not put a spawn spot at the EXACT center of the coords.

When it comes to prioritizing players. I shoot Tical first, then Monster.
                Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

We both try to annihalate Tical. then we kill each other.

Comment

Updated the mod, lemme know if there are any more problems.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow
                      Spawning at 0, 0, 0 on a map where there arent spawnspots around?
                      Is this happening on other maps? Or on that map without the mod?

It sounds like a definition of origin problem - typically a mapper does not put a spawn spot at the EXACT center of the coords.
                      That's an issue with the spawwning in code. Not sure exactly what teh issue is, though. Making sure that you have enough spawnpoints helps...

It is possible to add spawnpoints to a map from the code. RQuake does this for a number of maps to make sure that we have 5 coop spawnpoints per level.
                      16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Whev with 5 co-op spawns, I often get telefragged when there's 3 people.
                        e|------------------------0---------------
                        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                        A|---------------0------------------------
                        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by the_f0qer
                          Whev with 5 co-op spawns, I often get telefragged when there's 3 people.
                          That's because they are too close together... Which map?

Comment

I don't think he's referring to the RQuake server, btw.

With the spawn code that skips occupied spots, it should take 5 players minimum to telefrag in RQuake and only on an ID map since those only have 4 coop spawn points.

Comment

Spawns are random, not sequential, and theres a check to see if someone is on the spawn destination prior to spawning...at least in my mod.
                              Spawnfrags a lame so sue me
                              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                              X