Got some question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some question?

Whats up guys. Well i have some questions for yall if youd be nice to answer. Me and my brother have been very curious into trying to play this epic gamer from our past. We remember this game and played our hearts out back in the T.E.N. and gamespy days. We are looking to play some online multiplayer seeing as we live in different states now. Ok so my questions are is the steam download/ezquake still the easiest way to get quake to work with online play. And second are the enough active server to play on with the basic old maps....i.e. e1m7 (house) and start....the more people the better but we can enjoy ***ging the crap out of each other just as much so population isnt to big a concern. Any input or help/tips would be much appreciated.

First of all, welcome to quakeone.com!!!

So my biggest piece of advice it to avoid the steam version. Unless you need to buy it in order to get the required PAK0 and PAK1 files, it a waste of money. If you have the original CD, that's all you will ever need!

There are a few servers that have people on them every day, such as the one I am on a lot of the time, quake.shmack.net.

There are still active, regular players, and a lot of them post here and at runecentral (myself included).

If you want to get a client set up that will run on modern operating systems, you have a number of options. ProQuake is what I use most of the time. Its basically stock WinQuake but supports 1080p+

Another popular choice is Darkplaces. Its the 'eyecandy' client.

There should be links to both of those on this website.

If you have any other questions, or if I entirely missed the point or question of your post, just reply here, PM me, or we can hook up on steam. (Sgt-PieFace)

Happy Quaking!

Comment

hah! you accidentally wrote "we can enjoy fa gging the crap out of each other". You don't have to do that to play quake. lmao!

sorry, not trying to offend anyone but those words NEVER belong together in a sentence. It's interesting how one missing letter can completely change the meaning of something.
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-26-2015, 11:26 PM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Lmao i just noticed that i meant frag ging lmao to funny....ok thank sgt

Comment

look forward to playing quake with you Kellasik!
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

When he said "ezquake" first thing comes to mind, they might have played quakeworld.

Comment

QW is irritating arrrggg
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
              X