Blast from the Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast from the Past

I gamed Quake in early 2000 and have a question. I'm thinking about purchasing and re-loading Quake 1 or 2 as I remember how fun the online multiplayer was. All I remember was choosing multiplayer and then an icon (bones?) and getting on an excessive server. Anyone recall if that was Quake 1 or 2? Not much info to go on but I don't want to buy both games if I don't have to. Thanks!

LTC Pain

well quake1 and quake2 are vastly different,
    so its quite easy to know which quake you played

quake1 is medieval environments and lovecraftian monsters,
    while quake2 is futuristic alien bases with cyborgs.

so.... in your memories, were there scifi weapons, futuristic alien bases and cyborgs,
    or were there modern-day weapons, medieval castles and lovecraftian horrors?

if the answer is medieval castles and lovecraftian horrors, you played quake1
    if the answer is scifi weapons, alien bases and cyborgs, then you played quake2.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
      well quake1 and quake2 are vastly different,
      so its quite easy to know which quake you played

quake1 is medieval environments and lovecraftian monsters,
      while quake2 is futuristic alien bases with cyborgs.

so.... in your memories, were there scifi weapons, futuristic alien bases and cyborgs,
      or were there modern-day weapons, medieval castles and lovecraftian horrors?

if the answer is medieval castles and lovecraftian horrors, you played quake1
      if the answer is scifi weapons, alien bases and cyborgs, then you played quake2.
      Thanks Talisa, that's the help I was looking for. It was Quake 1 then. Will try and buy it ASAP.

Comment

If you chose "Bones" as your player model, and the mod was called "Excessive", then you were playing Quake 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Law View Post
          If you chose "Bones" as your player model, and the mod was called "Excessive", then you were playing Quake 3.
          After watching this Quake 3 Demo I did recognize the maps, weapons and models. Thanks Johnny Law!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...=0&FORM=VDQVAP

Is there a difference between Quake III Arena and Quake III team Arena? It looks like the CD covers are different.
          Last edited by LTC Pain; 04-24-2016, 12:58 PM.

Comment

afaik team arena features a team deathmatch mode,
            which standard Q3A doesnt have
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Team Arena is a missionpack that requires the base Quake 3 game.

Comment

Working...
              X