Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant access arena areas... Help please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant access arena areas... Help please..

Quick question, I downloaded some rocket arenas and rockgate, but when i try to access an arena spot (i can spawn and move around the spawn area, but when you come to the arena area its like an invisible wall, you can see what is there, but you cant get to it)

This is my command line for the game at the moment.. C:\QUAKE\glqrack.exe -width 640 -height 480 -mem 64 -condebug +exec chartrick.scr

Any help would be appreciated. It looks like these would be a blast to play and am looking forward to trying them out.

It sounds like you're trying to play it single player.

If you want to play with other people play on a rocket arena server:

quake.shmack.net
    port 26001

Bam

Comment

I am playing multi player at home on a LAN with family. The servers can get a bit rank, and my neice and nephew are the ones I play with. I really do not want to subject them to what I have seen there.

I did notice that if the spawn area has a portal to the arena area, i can get in and play in it properly, if that makes any difference.

Comment

I'll get you hooked up with what you need later today, you need some other stuff to play Rocket Arena on a LAN. You can't do what you want without the right files and the original rocket arena isn't that great really compared to 26001 style.

Check back in 10 hours or so and I'll make it real easy too (even a little better than Shmack 26001).

[But, don't have time to do it at the moment.]
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

That is awesome of you! Thanks a ton! My neice and nephew and myself thank you. Cant tell you how helpful the community has been. I am glad I found this board and you all.

Comment

Baker were you planning on finding an ra mod?

If you are planning on making an ra mod for him just let me know if you need any help.

Comment

Still working on it! I'm big on TQM (ask RocketGuy about that, heheh ) and testing my work. Give me an hour or 2 (that's more time than it takes, I just check things extremely thoroughly).

tqm = total quality management = testing, testing, testing, testing

Originally posted by Bam
              Baker were you planning on finding an ra mod?

If you are planning on making an ra mod for him just let me know if you need any help.
              I've got this covered Bam, but sometime I have an idea but I'll hold off on that for now.

I already have 2 versions of Rocket Arena. What I'm doing is updating the Rocket Arena installer to have this as a "payload" since it is small, the progs.dat is only a few KB's really.

What is taking the time is I always think things through.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Done! See new thread.

Comment

Than you for all the hard work! ... unfortunately I still cant access the arena areas. Maybe im doing something wrong, lets check...

This is what I am doing...
                  1 Start my version of quake with this command line C:\QUAKE\glqrack.exe -width 640 -height 480 -mem 64 -condebug +exec chartrick.scr (also does the same thing with a simple C:\QUAKE\glqrack.exe command line)

2 start a multiplayer game with the Welcome Start board and let the others join (usually only 2 others playing)

3 Press esc and go to maps and select, either the rockgate, or any rocket arena map

4 the map loads fine and you can see everything (even through some walls apparently, I entered one arena and i could see inside the arena area and when i moved around I noticed that if I strafe around a curve, that I was looking through a wall)

If the map drops you into the arena, in most cases it will drop you onto a roof that you can see through but cant get through and on the arenas that you are suuppose to walk into through a door or window, the door or window is an invisible wall.

Sorry for all the confusion/trouble and thank you for all the help. Am I missing some additional files, or do I not have enough players, or should these be set for deathmatch and no friendly fire or teamplay off or am i doing something stupid?

Thanks again

Comment

I assume you used this download (Rocket Arena Maps R2)

Click Start -> Programs -> Quake -> Rocket Arena -> Launch Listen Server

It does everything for you. You don't have to click anything else or figure anything else, the second you click that it is like you have connected to your own personal server and are waiting for someone else to join (you will be in the arena). Then type STATUS in the console to get your LAN IP, like 192.168.1.101 or whatever. Go to the other computer and start Quake like normal on another computer and type CONNECT 192.168.1.101 (substituting that for your LAN IP from the previous sentence).

(You can edit the shortcut by right clicking it and and changing the .exe to your preferred client, like glqrack.exe).

Click Start -> Programs -> Quake -> Rocket Arena -> Documentation for additional help.

Let me know if this solves the problem. It should it was very thoroughly tested.

If not, post back and we'll keep at it.

(You have raised a good point though, it doesn't say that it created a shortcut or anything. Sometime later today, I'll add an "end of installation" message that says something about that).
                    Last edited by Baker; 07-23-2006, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X