Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discord - the new Chat

sorry for potential

this thread is to promote the usage of Discord. the new chat platform adopted by all arena first person shooters. there are OFFICIAL discord servers for QuakeCon, Quake Live, Overwatch, Unreal tournament, etc.. So it makes sense that the communities of these games also use Discord. And that's whats happenning.

So, a few Discord servers invite links:
    http://discord.quake.world/: Quake and QuakeWorld community. this is the main one, improving every day.

Official Quake Live

Upcoming Quake Champions

QuakeCon Official

There are many many more, such as RuneQuake, TastySpleen (Quake2), ArenaFPS, FPS-Z. Paste invites here.

What is discord? a 21st century IRC replacement with very neat features. you'll never go back to irc after this
    never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by mushi View Post
    sorry for potential

this thread is to promote the usage of Discord. the new chat platform adopted by all arena first person shooters. there are OFFICIAL discord servers for QuakeCon, Quake Live, Overwatch, Unreal tournament, etc.. So it makes sense that the communities of these games also use Discord. And that's whats happenning.

So, a few Discord servers invite links:
    http://discord.quake.world/: Quake and QuakeWorld community. this is the main one, improving every day.

Official Quake Live

Upcoming Quake Champions

QuakeCon Official

There are many many more, such as RuneQuake, TastySpleen (Quake2), ArenaFPS, FPS-Z. Paste invites here.

What is discord? a 21st century IRC replacement with very neat features. you'll never go back to irc after this
    definitely not spam mushi!! I am considering the move to QW (gasp!)
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

hey,

its not for QW only!! its for you guys too! the server has a dedicated channel for netQuake, and you most definitely should join. If more channels are needed, pm me and ill create (mapping, modding, whatever). just join and say hi. There's apps for android, ios and desktop (web works fine too). COME
      never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by 303
        Mindz I think I've got the Quake discord name.

I suggest you to go with that now it's much much easier everybody will join it w/o hassles.

I have to double check stuff (I'm really new with that) so discord.quake isnt really working but will.

http://discord.QUAKE

VS

http://discord.quake.world
        Anyone know what this means
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I didn't know this place had an IRC room. I don't see it on the sidebar, mind telling me the server & room?

Oh, that button named chat must be it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by particlebat View Post
            I didn't know this place had an IRC room. I don't see it on the sidebar, mind telling me the server & room?

Oh, that button named chat must be it.
            kinda sorta yeah. we have that chat and as mushi posted we now have a discord thingy which to me looked kinda like irc

Comment

I like the tried and true IRC, but like discord a bit more.

Comment

a message to 303/Mom/Mark : No/No/NO

Comment

Oh come on NOW! He would love to spam each and everyone of you with his master plan!

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  a message to 303/Mom/Mark : No/No/NO

Comment

Originally posted by xaGe View Post
                    Oh come on NOW! He would love to spam each and everyone of you with his master plan!
                    Re-inventing the wheel isn't on my agenda though. I can't remember the last time I was like WOW they got it so wrong with this wheel business, I have a much better design.....

Comment

I can't remember the last time I was like WOW they got it so wrong with this wheel business, I have a much better design.....

There is always a better design.

These wheels don't even touch the ground

http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I don't think they count as wheels if they don't touch the ground...

Comment

The sky in the wheel keeps on turning...

Comment

Working...
                          X