Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with map pool setting

Hello,
    i'm currently trying to setup a server that should support winQuake v.1.09 clients and i'm using sqpro (ProQuake) server to do so. Server works fine but i want to setup an automatic map rotation, how can i do so?
    I've read that i need to recompile progs.dat but i cannot find good references about this.

Thanks for the help

Originally posted by Elder View Post
    Hello,
    i'm currently trying to setup a server that should support winQuake v.1.09 clients and i'm using sqpro (ProQuake) server to do so. Server works fine but i want to setup an automatic map rotation, how can i do so?
    I've read that i need to recompile progs.dat but i cannot find good references about this.

Thanks for the help
    I'm no Quake expert but I believe Winquake can have problems connecting through NAT'd networks often used on home connections these days. It might be worth considering using newer Quake Engines such as Qrack, Proquake 4, or Darkplaces.
    You may find one that using one of the many existing online servers that support Winquake might be your easiest route rather configuring your own.

However, I'm sure there's probably a number of ways to do this but here's 2 that might help you:

1. Use the Clanring mod (CRMOD) on your server as being an old mod I believe it is probably winquake compatible and it allows you to have both a map rotation and a number of additional custom maps that you can include in the rotation
    2. Use the runequake mod with the runes disabled so it's virtually the same (for the average player) as vanilla quake. It includes a map rotation facility and custom maps.

Both of these well established mods are available on line and both have enough information in the readme's to at least get you going.

Hope this helps

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

winQuake client "restriction" is due to the fact that this server will be mainly used for quake ports to embedded systems and most of these port are made from winQuake client so...

I'll give a shoot to the mods you suggested, thanks for the help

Comment

http://quakeone.com/proquake/proquak...2_1_source.zip

map_rotation console variable in source code

map_rotation "dm6 dm2 dm6 dm4" would go from dm6 to dm2 to dm6 to dm4 and then repeat.

If you can cut and paste and compile C code, you should be able to grab the blocks of code clearly marked in the source code that look like this ...

Code:
        pr_edict.c - line #1101

ifdef SUPPORTS_MAP_ROTATION_CVAR // Baker change (register cvar)
        	Cvar_RegisterVariable (&map_rotation);
        #endif // Baker change + SUPPORTS_MAP_ROTATION_CVAR

server.h - line 238

#ifdef SUPPORTS_MAP_ROTATION_CVAR // Baker change (extern cvar)
        extern  cvar_t	map_rotation; // Baker
        #endif // Baker change + SUPPORTS_MAP_ROTATION_CVAR

(a couple of others ... search for SUPPORTS_MAP_ROTATION_CVAR in the source, its very few items).
        And paste it into your sqpro source code and add the feature.

I wrote this back when I liked to tutorialize engine code. Cut and paste the appropriate blocks into the sqpro source code and you'll be 98% there.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
        X