New player models/skins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player models/skins?

I was looking around and wondering if there have been any re-modelings of the player model yet? I dont mean like a new character but the original Quake 1 Ranger with a higher poly-count or maybe just a better texture?

Oh, and I thought I saw a server once where you could play as different monsters, was this actually possible?

-Amon

I know there are answers to these questions. I look around if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

yeah, people have a ton of modifications where you can "morph" into a different monster and kill people.

Comment

Amon, the server that had that was quake.widomaker.com. It ran Rune Quake Plus by IEEE 802.11.

Currently, IEEE has RQP+ running at the Quake server fear.lokinetworks.com

Rune Quake Plus has monster transformers in 3 or 4 of the maps. There might also be monster transformers at Beatdown Alley (bda.essentrix.net server).

[Ever since Widomaker Communications stopped hosting the Widomaker server in July 2004 (it was briefly rehosted), most of the player traffic from Widomaker shifted to quake.shmack.net (which doesn't have monster transformers and is more old skool).]

As far as other player models go, you can use alternative player models. I think DarkPlaces has fully MD3 support (this is the Quake 3 format).

And I know JoeQuake has some preliminary Quake 3 multi-model support:

The Quake 3 Ranger being used in Quake 1

http://forums.runecentral.com/viewto...ighlight=quake

I'll post some information on alternate player models either later today or later this week depending on when/where I can find what I want.
        Last edited by Baker; 03-16-2006, 01:19 PM.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Plague did a Q1 ranger once, but it was poorly animated and skinned. :\

I also did a Q1 player gargoyle replacement once too but that was poorly animated as well

Comment

Actually, one of the new features in qrack is cl_teamskin. Set to 1 to activate, and qrack will texture players with new 24bit skins, but a separate one for each team color, rather than everyone the same with gl_nocolors.

Here's a nice ss of it in action:

I made the skin actually, by combining the q3 ranger skin with the old player skin, and r00k colorized it for each team. I believe he plans on adding shirt colors too.

For this to work get the new qrack form http://www.quakeone.com/qrack as well as the 24 bit skin pak. I also plan at some point on making fun skins pak, with a bunch of the old funny skins, as each pant color would pull up a different one
            uakene.com

Comment

Btw here is plagues new player model http://members.optusnet.com.au/~plaguespak/

IMO it looks pretty goofy..dunno how that happened cause his weapon models completely rock.
              uakene.com

Comment

Yeah, Plagues replacement Quake guy doesn't really look like the orig.

Comment

Go and have a look at http://quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=504&p=1
                  the final product looks decent and works nicely. Onle problem is that u wont be able to connect to certain servers using this model

Comment

Working...
                  X