How do I launch quake team fortress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I launch quake team fortress?

Sorry if I am stupid for this, but how do i launch quake team fortress? I installed fortress into the quake file which is the steam version. Tried putting -game fortress in the command but nothing works is there anyway how to launch the mod? Or did I do something wrong here...

Try Simple Quake launcher instead of using a steam command line. It's easier in every way. OR if you don't want to do that ensure that the fortress folder is in the same folder where id1 is:

C:\Quake\id1
    C:\Quake\fortress

Also are you sure the folder is called fortress? Checked the spelling?

You can download SQL here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/simplequakelauncher/
    Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Originally posted by dumptruck_ds View Post
      Try Simple Quake launcher instead of using a steam command line. It's easier in every way. OR if you don't want to do that ensure that the fortress folder is in the same folder where id1 is:

You can download SQL here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/simplequakelauncher/
      It was all in caps but I show screenshots what I did later today

Comment

But thanks for the suggestion I might download that one

Comment

ok i just downloaded it but how do i launch quake team fortress with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Phillyrob97 View Post
            ok i just downloaded it but how do i launch quake team fortress with it?
            It's not a very complicated program. Install it to your Quake directory and use the dropdown boxes to choose your engine, mode and map.
            Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Hi
              I'm not familiar with the Teamfortess mod but generally you could do the following if you were using a Quake engine like Proquake, Qrack, EngineX, and presumably MarkV (Baker?):
              1. create a directory under quake, lets call it tf.
              2. Copy your mod files in to your tf directory as directed.
              3. Make a copy of your batch script, presuming you have one, that you would normally use to run quake. lets call it tf.bat
              4. Edit tf.bat and remove any references that may be in the quake command line to "-game SomeModName",
              5. add -game tf to the quake command line and save the tf.bat script
              6. run your tf.bat script

If all has gone well your tf.bat script should fire up quake and also run the mod. Please bare in mind that some mods require you to add a +map SomeMapName to the command line to ensure you start at the desired map.

Hope this helps

Monty
              Last edited by Mr.Burns; 03-08-2017, 07:04 AM.
              Mr.Burns
              "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
              WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
              Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

You shouldn't be using WinQuake. You should download a sourceport based on QuakeWorld like FTEQW.

You can then load the game upon startup by opening the console and typing:
                gamedir fortress
                (or whatever the name of your TF folder is)
                Team Fortress will then launch and you can host/connect to servers.
                Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Working...
                X