Neils Cheat-free quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neils Cheat-free quake

hello all, some of you may know me, some of you may not but reguardless we're all sick of fucking cheaters, im currently trying to develope a couple of methods that will work along side proquake's already working cheat-free, anyone interested in helping leave a msg, R00k get in touch u drunk ;p, any ideas or questions please post

I heard about this. I hope you and Rook can figure something out.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forums. As Bank may inform you, I can be a fucking idiot sometimes, so don't take me too seriously all the time...
      but where are these cheaters? I saw a bot at shmack the other day but none recently..
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

The CA community. A few months ago, there was never a problem with anyone cheating in CA on cheat-free servers and hadn't been for years.

The second that there was tournament with a prize I knew this on its way.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

As Bank may inform you, I'm Bank.

As Just as your cause is, cheat-free really means "with the least cheats", no cheat-free server will ever exist.
          "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Well seeing as i made the first if im not mistaken, cheat for cheat-free, i know something about how its done, but now even nubs have cheats not to many botters but i know some do
            i will upload a couple of ss's if u guys want

Comment

Neil knows a great deal about Quake and has played a long time and Rook (Qrack developer, maker of several mods, long time server operator and player) does as well.

Bank may be right in a general "common sense" way about cheating, but Bank just learned today that Quad's respawn in 30 seconds.

Maybe we need to figure out some sort of reputation system for the Quake Help subforums (like where this thread is) as I've seen a fair number of posts in threads and new registrants aren't always familiar with who is who or who knows what, like FOQ-A telling that one guy what could/couldn't be reprogrammed in a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                Bank may be right in a general "common sense" way about cheating, but Bank just learned today that Quad's respawn in 30 seconds.
                That's a lie and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Neil, I have already said that it is appreciated, but it is also impossible. For every cheat you prevent, another will be birthed in its place.

Comment

Baker, quad respawns in 5 minutes...
                  e|------------------------0---------------
                  B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                  G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                  D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                  A|---------------0------------------------
                  E|----------------------------------------

Comment

It's different in every server because every server is modded

A REAL quad respawns in 1 minute after being picked up. Anyone who's played unmodded deathmatch should know this.

Comment

It respawns 30 seconds after the Quad wears off, but yeah technically the correct answer is 60 seconds.

The Quad has long been one of the most controversial "artifacts" in Quake (artifacts being the technical name of the Quad/Pent/Ring).

Quad is loved, hated and constantly debated because it so important that you have it. So many servers "fiddle" with the Quad timing, and it has been changed so often on so many servers that it isn't surprising that some players don't know what the real respawn time is.

Some maps like E4M3 are nearly unbearable with the Quad respawn at 30 seconds because there are Quads all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
                        That's a lie and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Neil, I have already said that it is appreciated, but it is also impossible. For every cheat you prevent, another will be birthed in its place.
                        hmm, honestly i dont think anyone actually developes cheats for quake 1 anymore besides myself, all these hacks your seeing are just people downloading cs hacks and trying them in quake, once they get one that works they send it out and then everyone finds out about it, so i dought that anyone actually codes their own cheats, so if an new anycheat was made to take-into account what Proquake left out, there could be some security brought back to the quake community.

Comment

Indeed, since the dawn of time, the original cheat was merely a test to see if it could be done. Then, others used it in other applications to find new ways to cheat. A vicious cycle to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                            It respawns 30 seconds after the Quad wears off, but yeah technically the correct answer is 60 seconds.
                            turns out that I was wrong. It always respawns 60 seconds after it was picked up, no matter when it runs out.

for example, if you pick up a quad and die 20 seconds later, it will respawn 40 seconds after that.

just tested it.
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy
                              turns out that I was wrong. It always respawns 60 seconds after it was picked up, no matter when it runs out.
                              duh. The whole 30 seconds after the quad is used up is bogus. Thanks for clarifying that golden

Comment

Working...
                              X