X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gchq.quake1.net / 130.88.201.29

gchq.quake1.net / 130.88.201.29
    Who is the admin of this server?
    It is located in the UK and I realised that it is playable!
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

It is a pretty good server. Slappy is the admin. I don't think he's registered here.

Mr. Burns, Polarite and JackHammer know him.

Runs CRMOD (classic deathmatch) and optionally has these maps available (European NetQuake Maps). You can vote for those maps, like aerowalk, by typing it in the console.

Type LEVELS to see a list of maps while on that server.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

dont bother tho.. go to the euroquake server instead (bigfoot.quake1.net) since it is probably just a playable if not better, it has more and better maps, it can do runes/classic DM/matchmode/RA, and has no crappy admin that will ban u for no reason

Comment

I am rather searching for an admin that would host a vanilla coop server
        Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit
          I am rather searching for an admin that would host a vanilla coop server
          Do you already have a "mod" for the vanilla coop? Is it stable? And what are the engine requirements?

(If it is unstable or untested, it is a whole world of difference because then it is more of a development server you need, like file access/ability to shut down + restart.)
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

The main Admin of the GCHQ server was HappySlappy, an old player from the days of Dircon and Demon, and the server was based in the UK, in Manchester in fact. Based on my limited experience with Slappy he seemed an ok sort of guy but I have had reports of bannings which seemed a little out of character if he was responsible for them. (*cough, Pitbull, cough* )

I know that a nice chap by the name of Sir Henry, who is registered here, was also an Admin at GCHQ and he might be willing and able to make some enquiries on your behalf if you talk to him nicely
            IMHO Peg was quite right in that if you do want a good spirited, sporting game of DM then the Bigfoot server is the way to go and vote off the runes (vote-runes). Failing that go to Blackhat, and failing that grudgingly go to GCHQ.

Hope this helps

Monty.
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

euroquake kinda went down the shithole when the host changed. :'(
              last time i went there i was lagging out 2 seconds after getting into the game.. jackhammer needs to find a new host.

Comment

I'm sorry you're having trouble Rock I know how frustrating that can be. I must admit when I was there over the last seven days or so it was extremely stable and I was pinging fine (except for one instance which was not the fault of bigfoot). I have mentioned this to Jack and he said that he also seems to be pinging ok. If anyone else is having uncharacteristically high pings at bigfoot I would suggest they let Jack know and I'm sure he'll do his best to sort it.

Kind regards

Monty
                Mr.Burns
                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Its unfortunate that bigfoot decided to change host and I realise the connection to the server is not ideal for a lot of people since the change.

I will try my best to find an alternative host (any offers in the europe area please PM me)

Comment

Sorry its taken so long but from next week bigfoot informs me Euroquake should be rellocated from france to a new server in Germany which should be a vast improvement on the old host.

Host specs 100Mbps connection, dual core AMD CPU , 2 x160GB HD, 1GB RAM

I will post back when its live so people can test.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhammer View Post
                      Sorry its taken so long but from next week bigfoot informs me Euroquake should be rellocated from france to a new server in Germany which should be a vast improvement on the old host.

Host specs 100Mbps connection, dual core AMD CPU , 2 x160GB HD, 1GB RAM

I will post back when its live so people can test.
                      Cheers, make sure you let me know when (MSN)

Comment

Working...
                      X