Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clan Arena X. IS there public Servers yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clan Arena X. IS there public Servers yet?

Hey everybody,

I have been wanting to play the Clan Arena X mod but have not seen any servers on All Seeing Eye.

Is it running on any servers yet?

Yes, bomber.quakeone.com

port 26000

Comment

Bomber typically gets a lot of activity in the evenings and late at night.

I don't recall the All Seeing Eye supporting regular Quake (NetQuake not Quakeworld), just fyi so you'd need ProQuake, JoeQuake, Qrack or DarkPlaces (Quake Clients Section) if you don't have one.

(I've tried FTEQW's ability to connect to NetQuake servers ... it was pretty bad, I wouldn't recommend that.)
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

OH, ok so ASE is my problem. Ok I;ll use proquake.

I was trying to use FuhQuake.

I think my directory structure may be wrong for proquake though. ALso whe I try to connect it says failed to init CAX

Comment

That's normal. That means you have don't have predefined preferences to set for when connecting to CAx servers.

If you like FuhQuake, you might give Qrack a shot for CAx.

You will need the QuakeOne maps, btw.

Download location: http://www.quakeone.com/index.php?in...ile&file_id=14
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Ok, I tried proquake a qrack but I cant set previous weapon binds.

I guess I better check the readme.

I do have the maps. I luve the quake 3 maps in q1 hehe.

Comment

Yeah, I love the Q3 maps too.

Here is some bind info, and I don't know how familiar you are configs in QW.

In ProQuake and Qrack, "bestweapon 8 2 1" is the equivalent of "impulse 8 2 1".

Most players that are experienced and try to play their best usually use something like this:

Option 1: Bestweapon style (ProQuake/Qrack/JoeQuake)

bind ctrl "impulse 7"
              bind alt "bestweapon 8 5 4 3 2 1" 'Selects the best weapon available in order

Option 2: Standard old-skool weapon rotation

bind ctrl "impulse 10" ' next weapon
              bind alt "impulse 12" ' previous weapon

I'm not sure of your skill level, but you seem like an experienced player to me and if you are interested in tournaments, you can go to IRC irc://irc.gamesurge.net/cql or irc://irc.gamesurge.net/quake1, where the CA player hang out, and ask about joining. (No IRC? Get Mirc).

The evening games are absolutely ridiculously fun, like the 10-16 player games on Q1Edge and other maps.

Comment

Man, had a blast on the Clan arenax.

I really like having more then 8 players. Also, the q3 and q2 maps really add to the Clan Arena gameplay as I am tired of dm3 all day.

Awesome.

Comment

I've noticed there is no animated gibbing in the qrack games I play online. Is it possible to turn this on or is it just not featured?

Comment

Well the mod on bomber.quakeone.com had gibs removed until yesterday. If you still don't have gibs, make sure cl_gibfilter is 0 in qrack.
                    uakene.com

Comment

Ok, will set that up for tomorrow. Thanks.

Also, great website man.

Had fun playing against you guys.

Will be on as much as I can.

Comment

Working...
                      X