Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CQL NY - Now running Clan Arena X

ny.ecliptiq.com - CQL Clan Arena

The CQL server has switched from CA+ to CAx.

This means that it has the QuakeOne maps pack optionally available on the server in addition to DM3 (Q3DM6QW, Q1Edge, Sanity, etc.)

The CQL server is administered by West.

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

The last time I was there, there was a weird bug that said it was bomber.quakeone.com instead of ny.ecliptiq.com. Mindz said that West was too lazy to fix it however...

Comment

Since this is a cheatfree server, I'd like to ask what the requirements are for playing on a cheatfree server?

Is there a certain file I must have in my directory (like quake3) or is it a specific engine like Pro, joe or Qrack?

Just want to get up to speed. Thanks.

Comment

having a maps folder doesn't effect cheatfree

something that confuses me is some player skins work with cheatfree and some don't.

Baker, i think it's time you made that cheatfree thread

Comment

You need ProQuake client (Software or GL) 3.50, older versions probably wont work and you wouldnt want them anyway , you need the cheatfree DLL file which is security.DLL , you might want to grab a copy of the LOC files as well ,to use ,here is an example using my cfg

bind shift "say_team Im at &l w/ %aAmour & %hHealth"

make sure that you use lowercase letters when making your bind for the LOC files , all can be obtained here http://quake1dm.com/proquake/

for anyone who doesnt have it ,here is q1edge LOC file : http://users.adelphia.net/~mindzx/q1edge.loc make sure you right click save target as,unless you just curious about reading the actual text inside it. Heed BizzaroMonkey's warning about editing the file if you plan on using it lol
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

bind <a key> "say_team %l";

that's all you need. I don't have time to read an entire sentence and I don't care about ur health. Just let me know where you are.

Comment

Ok, I am setting it all up now. Thanks for the info.

Comment

A little late ... but everything you need is in the ProQuake EZ Installer.

I think it includes the q1edge.loc as well, can't remember.

(Idea for future: document exact contents of each installer on the installation page. A "packing list")
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Update:

ProQuake EZ Installer (contents):

ProQuake: GL and Win + security module.

Locs: q1edge, dm1, dm2, dm3, dm4, dm5, dm6, e1m1, e1m2, e4m3, start, ultrav
                  Yes, I know the locs for sanity, schloss and a2 need to be in there the next time it gets updated.

Comment

q1edge must have been a recent addition because I havent seen many people having it
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                    X