CAx MessageMode2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAx MessageMode2

Any chance in CAx that MessageMode2 when it is forbidden simply responds to the user "Team talk is not permitted except during round." or something.

I've noticed some players that are incredibly confused as to when it works (permitted, aka during round when alive) vs. when it prints to everyone. When it prints to everyone, it appears with the parathesis as if it is worked, but everyone can read it and a player thought it MM2 was "broke" in CAx because it isn't clear when it works vs. not permitted.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Messagemode2 doesn't work all the time in CAx?? I thought it always works... ??

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
      Messagemode2 doesn't work all the time in CAx?? I thought it always works... ??
      My understanding is if you aren't alive or the round hasn't begun, it prints as if it is messagemode2, but every can see it.

This leads to confusion as to whether or not it was private or not, and annoyingly I've MM2'd at times strategy thoughts and everyone got to see them .

I *think* that during the game count-down (like match starts in 15 seconds) MM2 is printed to all. This is one of the many times it is confusing to as whether MM2 is private or not, I'd rather it just tell me I can't do it than let me do it and everyone see it.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hrmm, I thought when dead, messagemode2 just sends messages to everyone else who's dead... and before the match starts, I always mm2 my location to teammates and others do the same. I never see messages from people who normally do this who aren't on my team...

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
          Hrmm, I thought when dead, messagemode2 just sends messages to everyone else who's dead... and before the match starts, I always mm2 my location to teammates and others do the same. I never see messages from people who normally do this who aren't on my team...
          I don't know if they have changed anything, but it used to be that messagemode2 went to anyone with the same pants color as you. I remember people used to use this as a cheat and would color change real fast and then send team_say messages to assist someone in their clan that was playing as they were spec'ing.

However, this was years ago and since the source was released I'm sure it's been fixed.

getogamer
          getogamer

Comment

gamer this is along the same lines....

What people are confused about is when you die. Most teammates complain etc between rounds, not knowing all dead players are on the same messagemode channel. Thus talking to your teammate will tell anyone else dead too. The reason is that dead teammates are prohibited from talking to live teammates thus they are subjected to this TEAM OBSERVERS. If you cant hold your trash talk between rounds then, sure get Ventrino.
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I think Baker meant before matches started during countdowns. I've noticed it before I think.

Comment

yes, between rounds, all observers are on TEAM_SPECTATOR, the parenthesis are from the setting teamplay 1, so you are mm2-ing to TEAM_SPECTATOR....
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                X