Quake (CA) Fundamental Binds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake (CA) Fundamental Binds

Here is some information on some of the elementary things to put in a config:

1. Have keys to select weapons

bind a "impulse 7" // Select RL
    bind b "impulse 8" // Select LG
    bind c "impulse 6" // Select GL
    1a. Improved Version of #1 (ProQuake/Qrack/DarkPlaces)

alias +quickgrenade "-attack;wait;impulse 6;wait;+attack"
    alias -quickgrenade "-attack;wait;impulse 7"
    bind a "impulse 7" // Select RL
    bind b "bestweapon 8 5 3 4 2 1" // Select best non-RL/GL weapon with ammo
    bind c +quickgrenade
    Note: with DarkPlaces removed the spaces between the numbers for bestweapon so it is "bestweapon 853421"

2. Team say your location (CA oriented bind)

bind "r" "say_team %l h%h a%a %r"
    Will tell you team your location and your health and armor. This only works in ProQuake or QRack, so if you are using something else it will not work.

3. For someone who wants 1 key to alternate between RL and LG

alias switch1 "impulse 7; bind j switch2"
    alias switch2 "bestweapon 8 5 3 4 2 1; bind j switch1"
    bind j switch1
    Note: I think this (#3) is a bad idea myself.

4. And I personally think if you don't have this in your config you are insane:

lookstrafe 0
    lookspring 0
    v_kickroll 0
    v_kickpitch 0
    v_kicktime 0
    5. FOV 101 <--- FOV 90 is the Quake default and FOV 101 (or higher) is better for most ppl.

Just some information that has been asked of me lately.

Your config is at c:\quake\id1\config.cfg and after add this stuff in it is best to right click the file and make it read-only.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

sure if you want to play like Baker

Yes, v_kickwhatever is annoying

Don't be shy to increase your fov above 101 too. I use 128 and Peg uses 130.

I believe a location bind would be most efficient by making it simple. Don't put crap like "Hey guys I'm at %l I have RL". Too long to read.

neet idea Baker but haven't you already created a thread like this in the past?

Comment

Neat post cs but haven't you created 1000 like this in the past?
      uakene.com

Comment

Naw just replies. Perhaps 1 thread was created for DualWeapons.

1000? Try 1000000!

Comment

I'd feel like a loser if I wasn't an administrator and had as many posts as canadian sniper. haha

These are must have in any config:

v_kickroll "0"
          v_kicktime "0"
          v_kickpitch "0"
          cl_rollangle "0"
          cl_rollspeed "0"
          cl_bob "0"
          cl_bobup "0"
          cl_bobcycle "0"
          r_waterwarp "0"

These dont need to be 999 just higher than sv_maxspeed (normally 320-350)
          cl_upspeed "999"
          cl_sidespeed "999"
          cl_forwardspeed "999"
          cl_backspeed "999"

bind +njump to your jump key (I think thats how you set that up)
          alias +njump "+jump;+moveup"
          alias -njump "-jump;-moveup"

Comment

If you have a BROADBAND connection, I strongly suggest using cl_maxfps 999 or pq_maxfps 999 as this is the max allowed by the server for updates to the client. Even if your vid_vsnc is set to 1 and u get 72fps, using maxfps of 999 will still ask for updates from the server every 1ms. Allowing for faster response with your movements aswell , a minor exploit with the advent of the *_maxfps cvar. netQuake servers used to be capped at (1/72fps) or 13ms response time, this way you can tweak it to its maximum (1ms).
            Last edited by R00k; 03-06-2007, 11:56 AM.
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

hmm i did just that but now i get only 60 fps while monitor is on 85HZ.. (???)

Comment

Originally posted by Bam View Post
                I'd feel like a loser if I wasn't an administrator and had as many posts as canadian sniper. haha
                Talk to the hand

Comment

DO NOT FORGET TO USE

PQ_MOVEUP 1 , add that to your autoexec.cfg : This allows you to swim up using your jump button,and rocketjump out of water off of walls or pillars,also it comes in handy dodging rockets or other enemies projectiles.

+movedown , this is an essential bind that most people dont use.I was one of them for a long time! Whether you like fighint in water or not,your GOING to end up in the water at some point in time or another,and having this availible for use WILL come in handy dodging enemy projectiles.

r_polyblend 0 , makes water clear! comes in handy while in water.
                  I'm sure Baker/Others have covered the other important issues of a successful game of CA , if I think of any others I'll be sure and return with another reply
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
                    This is either due to video card limitations (GLPro > Qrack in FPS department) , or due to you having Vsync enabled for GL applications.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

oh wow,I should read more than just bakers post.

Bam gots shit locked down.

Bam>Mindzy

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
                        you used vsync 1? if u have nVidia card use the refresh override to set the refresh for the resolution that you play quake with, otherwise it will force default (60hz)

Here's another nice command to have set AMBIENT_LEVEL "0", i think i actually have that set in the mod..
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

ok here it is:
                          i have -refreshrate 85 in commandline, monitor is running 85HZ (vertical) 53 HZ (horizontal)*, i got an nvidia GF5600FX 256 MB, i have vid_vsync 1, vid_refreshrate 85, cl_maxfps 999

the result is: 60 FPS weather i have vsync on application controlled or just [ON] in nvidia driver.. makes no difference.. both cases i get 60 FPS

using qrack 1.7

*i checked the OSD of monitor in quake and it is running those numbers

use the refresh override
                          What exactly are u referring to?
                          Last edited by =peg=; 03-07-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

for those of u using qrack:
                            adding this to ur cfg will make ur crosshair take the same color as ur suit so u'll allways know instantly on what team u r

Code:
                            alias CH_RED "exec CH_RED.cfg"       //add between [] to a file called CH_RED.cfg:    [crosshaircolor "255 0 0"   //RED   ]
                            alias CH_BLUE "exec CH_BLUE.cfg"     //add between [] to a file called CH_BLUE.cfg:   [crosshaircolor "0 0 255"   //BLUE  ]
                            alias CH_YELLOW "exec CH_YELLOW.cfg" //add between [] to a file called CH_YELLOW.cfg: [crosshaircolor "255 255 0" //YELLOW]
                            alias CH_GREEN "exec CH_GREEN.cfg"   //add between [] to a file called CH_GREEN.cfg:  [crosshaircolor "0 255 0"   //GREEN ]

bind "1" "impulse 1;CH_BLUE"
                            bind "2" "impulse 2;CH_RED"
                            bind "3" "impulse 3;CH_YELLOW"
                            bind "4" "impulse 4;CH_GREEN"
                            Last edited by =peg=; 03-07-2007, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Why not just make it:
                              Code:
                              alias CH_RED "crosshaircolor 255 0 0";
                              alias CH_BLUE "crosshaircolor 0 0 255";
                              alias CH_YELLOW "crosshaircolor 255 255 0";
                              alias CH_GREEN "crosshaircolor 0 255 0";

bind "1" "impulse 1;CH_BLUE"
                              bind "2" "impulse 2;CH_RED"
                              bind "3" "impulse 3;CH_YELLOW"
                              bind "4" "impulse 4;CH_GREEN"
                              ????