Whitehot RuneQuake Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitehot RuneQuake Mode

Slot has given me the OK on allowing a runequake mode in whitehot. So here are some rune ideas that I have but I'm not finished with these ideas. Let me know what you all think and feel free to add your own rune ideas in this thread. Cheers
    1. Bomber Rune (x4 shotgun but consumes x5 ammo (5 sg, 10 ssg)
    2. Punisher Rune ([100 - current health] + weapon damage. Only applies when health is below 100)
    3. Tracker Rune (all enemies give off a noise every 5 seconds)
    4. Shambler Rune (50% damage from explosions [add strong axe??])
    5. Double-Edged Sword Rune (x4 damage all the time but you recieve 1/4 the damage your opponents recieve from you)
    6. Ice Axe Rune (axe freezes opponent for 15 seconds)
    7. Strange Rune (immune to rockets but recieve x4 damage from any other attack)
    8. CA Rune (can't damage self)
    9. No Hook Rune (disables hook for opponents)
    10. Ammo Rune (max ammo increased by x2)
    11. *FvF Rune (spawn 1 brain sucker max, 30 second recharge. Brain Sucker can attack you)
    12. Demolition Rune (spawn 3 mines max, explode when someone is near)
    13. Reflect Rune (activate to reflect all projectiles for 10 seconds. recharge in 30 seconds)
    14. Invisible Trap Rune (spawn 1 invisible explosive barrel max. barrel doesn't respawn)
    15. Sniper Rune [ya generic rune name] (sg damage is changed so that the damage of each pellet (sg fires 6 pellets) matches the current amount of ammo you're carrying (50 shells = 50 damage from each pellet which could equal to 300 damage in total). Once you attack with the shotgun, you use up all your shells.)

* Brain suckers in fvf are spawns that attempt to latch onto your head and suck your life dry. If they kill you by sucking your brain, you die and they control your body (basically a wandering bot). Once someone kills the bot, the brain sucker attempts to latch onto another victim. It can reach a lot of health when it sucks brains. When it reaches a certain health amount, it can drain life from a distance. Annoying [note that it's up to Gunter if I can use his code]

the best rune I've heard of in a long time for a proposed rune,is the no hook rune.

that shit would make for some awesomeness. submit that to slot for implementation !
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

mega hurricane and mega grav well-disables/dissolves grappling hook giving it's gravity/wind radius the 'ohshit' effect that's kinda missing in RQ these days. Grav well? Hurricane? eh just grapple out.

Just a thought.
      'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
      someone to hear your prayers
      someone who cares
      your own... personal... Shambie
      someone to hear your prayers
      someone whos there

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        the best rune I've heard of in a long time for a proposed rune,is the no hook rune.

that shit would make for some awesomeness. submit that to slot for implementation !
        Sole made a complete opposite opinion about that rune idea

Comment

I've been thinking about that actually...

my original argument was that it was dumb because someone could grab it and hide somewhere the whole map (especially on the large maps) and no one would get hooks for the map duration. You might as well just turn the hook off then. Someone like Clayborn would do something like that...

A better idea for this rune would be if you're in eye sight of the rune carrier you can't use your hook but the rune carrier can. And if you are currently using hook when rune carrier enters your view the hook disappears and you fall lol.

I'd be up for that idea.

Comment

all of these opinions are very good

be sure to post your own rune ideas here!

Comment

Just wanted to let Baker, Canadian*Sniper, and Zop know that current DP betas (and I'm about to make a new stable release) have automatic file downloads, which could be very useful for whitehot.

Comment

you told me that but thanks AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
                  you told me that but thanks AGAIN
                  I know, but as it was a todo item I wanted to make sure that everyone was notified properly - Baker and Zop might not have been aware.

(I notify everyone on a list associated with each todo item at some point after it is done)

Comment

Interesting feed back. Keep them coming and make sure you post rune ideas in here!

Here's a silly gambling rune idea that I came up with.

(10:49:59) Danno: silly rune idea

Gambling Rune: Rune-use to gamble your frag count. you have a 10% chance to increase your frags by +5, 90% chance to lose 5 frags

(10:50:19) Quake: RocketGuy: lol
                    (10:50:24) Danno:
                    (10:52:05) Danno: you have a 0.0000001% chance to get +5 frags 10 times in a row
                    (10:52:10) Danno: ;o

(10:52:24) Quake: RocketGuy: cool ill do it
                    (10:52:33) ***Quake: RocketGuy loses 50 frags
                    (10:52:35) Quake: RocketGuy: I HATE YOU

(10:52:46) Danno: don't go to vegas
                    (10:52:56) Danno: hehe
                    (10:54:07) Danno: if you use the rune atleast once and you're below 0 in frag count, you get a centerprint message saying "You've gambled enough. Learn when to quit" and automatically rune-deletes it
                    (10:55:43) Danno: maybe it should be 16.67% instead of 10% so it's like rolling 2 dice for a 7
                    (10:56:35) Danno: 2.78% to lose 10 frags (snake eyes)
                    (10:57:4 Danno: heh
                    (10:57:51) Danno: this is a funny rune idea
                    (10:58:01) Danno: deserves to be posted on the thread

(10:58:22) Quake: RocketGuy: tell them i lol'd so i dont have to reply

Comment

If you roll snake eyes it should kick you from the server.

Comment

If you roll snake eyes you should blow up like the divine wind rune
                        e|------------------------0---------------
                        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                        A|---------------0------------------------
                        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I love both your suggestions so let's blow the guy up THEN boot him/her from the server XD

Comment

Working...
                          X