This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info: CA+ Clan Arena

Clan Arena is a round based mods involving individuals or teams. It is considered a mod for higher skilled players, but is also a good mod for developing shafting skills.

The Basics:

You spawn with 100 health, 200 armor. There is a 5 second countdown before you can fire, allowing you to find where you want to be or get ready to fight. The round ends when only 1 player or team remains; they score a point.

The Maps:

This game is almost exclusively played on DM3. At the Max server, the map Q1Edge is periodically played.

The Servers:

Max.Essentrix.Net is the most popular by far. For other clan arena servers, please http://www.quake1.net or http://www.gameaholic.com/servers/quake/

The Files:

If you play at Max.Essentrix.Net, you will need ProQuake as the server runs in cheat-free mode. This means you will need the cheat-free module.

Required for Max:

1. ProQuake (Install Now 0.7 MB, ProQuake home page)

2. ProQuake Cheat-Free Module (Get It, unzip to c:\quake)

Optional Files (recommended, but not necessary):

1. Clan Arena Sounds (Install Now 7 MB, as it is part of rocket arena)

2. Q1EDGE Map (Get It, by shift+clicking that link, goes in c:\quake\id1\maps)

3. DM3 Locs (Shift-click this and save to c:\quake\id1\locs)

3. Q1EDGE Locs (Shift-click this and save to c:\quake\id1\locs)
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Something I've longed to ask. What does the anticheat-module do?

edit: I'm also noticing that max won't accept vispatched maps.
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 03-21-2006, 11:55 PM.

Comment

but is also a good mod for developing shafting skills.
      All mods are good for developing shaft skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
        2. ProQuake Cheat-Free Module (Get It, unzip to c:\quake)
        This should be "unzip to your "quake" directory, for example c:\quake" since not everyone will have their quake directory there.
        uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
          Something I've longed to ask. What does the anticheat-module do?

edit: I'm also noticing that max won't accept vispatched maps.
          That's why it's cheat-free.

(Yellow, someone manually installing files is going to have to know where their Quake folder is. I just wanted to make it clear it was in the base Quake folder, not a subfolder).
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

so with that rational, shmack is not cheat free? explain what it does

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
              so with that rational, shmack is not cheat free? explain what it does
              Cheat-free makes sure all your models and maps are the originals based on what the server is using, and makes sure your executable passes a checksum or crc.

Shmack used to have cheat-free going on 26001.

Comment

ahhh checksum

Comment

If Slot Zero (or whoever the admin is there) made Shmack 26000 cheat-free, traffic would go plummeting down.

Comment

Cheat-free limits what client/engine you can use, so that is the main problem with cheat-free because you have to use ProQuake.

The only 2 unarguably successful servers I can recall that ran in cheat-free mode were quake.crmod.com and max.essentrix.net

I like playing on a cheat-free server when not playing with players I know real well, so that is an excellent fit for max. I prefer to hear the trash talk from players who can largely be expected to be clean.

But if I am playing with a bunch of players I know are legit, or it is just some ffa for fun, doesn't matter to me.

Comment

For the guides version of this post, I changed the second paragraph to explain how scoring works:

You spawn with 100 health, 200 armor. There is a 5 second countdown before you can fire, allowing you to find where you want to be or get ready to fight. The round ends when only 1 player or team remains; this player wins the round. Points are given on the scoreboard based on damage, not number for frags. The number of rounds won counts towards winning the match. The scores on the scoreboard are just for show.
                      uakene.com

Comment

Just wondering...

...is qtdm2 getting much play, and what is the general consensus regarding it as a CAx level?

Comment

This thread is out of date / Trash it or update it to reflect CAx & CAx servers listing
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

wow was just think that when i started to post here.
                            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Alcoholism

Comment

Working...
                              X