User's choice of Quake server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    wtf is this Painkeep shit, I must google for it now.
    It's an old mod with different maps (20 initially) voted for by the combatants at a hub. In Terms of weaponry you had all of the original quake arsenal plus exploding shells, Airfist, Chain LG, 'Bouncing' nail gun, Autosentries, Bear traps, Cans of Beans (gives 100 h) and something that is always good for a laugh... gravity wells.

I've been playing Painkeeps with Peg/BAT/Polarite/etc at a server in Europe and it is great fun IMHO and makes a welcome change from RQ/DM. The harpoon gun (read grap hook) takes a little getting used to and would probably be better if it was RQ style but on the other hand you can pull things (Health, armour, etc) towards you that are in hard to get places.

If you want to try it out I think QuakeTerminus.com may have the files you need.

Hope this helps.

Monty

P.S. Now if some talented modder (*cough, rocketguy, cough* :d ) could combine Painkeep, the Deathmatch plus mod and a few bits of CRMOD/RQ, now there would be a mod probably not for the highly competitive amongst us but really enjoyable fun nonetheless. Just my humble opinion.
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

P.S. Now if some talented modder (*cough, rocketguy, cough* :d ) could combine Painkeep, the Deathmatch plus mod and a few bits of CRMOD/RQ, now there would be a mod probably not for the highly competitive amongst us but really enjoyable fun nonetheless. Just my humble opinion.
      O yes that would be a great mod indeed !!!
      My servers for the gamers:
      bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
      port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
      Offline ATM
      fvf.servequake.com
      flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
      Offline ATM
      newdm.servequake.com
      port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
      sigpic

Comment

Rocketguy, Make it so!.... please?
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
        X