Servers are dieing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers are dieing

Seriously, what's up with all the dieing servers in the servers page? I counted around 10 servers with 00/00 on them. Why is fvf:26001 down? Why is chi down? Why is yayowave down? Why is the quake hub down?

Someone save the servers! <: [

Because everyones flocking to Rage, its the hip thing to do!

Your either a CA'er (Rage) or your a RQ'er (Shmack)!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

We don't automatically remove servers when they are down.

It is not uncommon for a server to go down for a few to several weeks and then come back up.

Aalchemy, who runs about 3 or 4 servers including that hub server and RocketGuy's server had a hard drive failure but as far as I know that will eventually be fixed.

A few of them do need to be removed.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I want the Hub to return! Its like 3D chat for Quake
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I'm sad that yayowave is down. That was a good thing for CTF

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
            Why is fvf:26001 down?
            FvF never had a server on port 26001...

??? ?

Comment

Originally posted by ORL View Post
              FvF never had a server on port 26001...

??? ?
              That's not what RocketGuy said :

http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1832
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  Well, after careful consideration, me and Rocketguy concluded that nobody was playing it. It was just sitting there rotting away. So we took it down. But then recently me and Rock had a talk about possibly moving the main RQuake server to fvf on port 26001. But it has been weeks since we last talked about it, so I assume Rock does not want the move.

Well, how long has it been since Aalchemy's hard drive crash? Months ago? If it's been this long since the crash, then Aalchemy obviously doesn't care enough to put RQuake back online, or any of the other servers he hosts. And I know some people want RQuake back, but do not want to play it in the Europe server because they're too whiny about 100 ping or so.

So, there's an empty spot here on FvF for RQuake or any other mod. That is, if Rock is willing to make the move.

Comment

Yeah all everyone plays now is the crappy mods. CA and RQ. Thats why I'm playing Q3 now.

Comment

Q3 is a crappy Quake mod. It's only playable in LAN.

I would like to see yayowave, hub and rquake back up and running

Comment

uh. no. why do you say that ? just set snaps to 60 and your ping is lowered by up to 40. I get 35 ping and it works for me...

Comment

Originally posted by ORL View Post
                          Well, after careful consideration, me and Rocketguy concluded that nobody was playing it.
                          I have always thought of AirQuake as a novel mod.

It doesn't even have the appeal of Slide.

It is something to try, but as far as I've ever been able to tell, doesn't really have much repeat interest appeal. At least, that's how I feel about AirQuake.

RQuake server to fvf on port 26001. But it has been weeks since we last talked about it, so I assume Rock does not want the move.

Well, how long has it been since Aalchemy's hard drive crash? Months ago?
                          A think a month ago.

I'd like to see an active USA RQuake server, but maybe RocketGuy knows Aalchemy's server is coming back or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                            I have always thought of AirQuake as a novel mod.

It doesn't even have the appeal of Slide.

It is something to try, but as far as I've ever been able to tell, doesn't really have much repeat interest appeal. At least, that's how I feel about AirQuake.
                            I agree. AirQuake is no doubt a very unique mod, but to me it seems very unfinished. With only a few maps and no real lasting appeal, it does get boring and repetitive pretty quick, which is a shame.

Comment

People who use Darkplaces can join airquake without the required mdl files and still play I found it most amusing when I was there. A bunch of big rainbow coloured diamonds firing more diamonds

Comment

Working...
                              X