Direct Rocket Damage Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Rocket Damage Mod

Back in 2000 I had a relapse and was playing QW for a spell. One of the mods I came across while playing QW was a mod called Direct Rocket Damage. It was quite fun, and I thought that someone (*cough* R00k *cough*) might be able to port it over to NQ.

http://www.teamstatic.org/quake/drd.html

So...whats it do, is it directs do damage only?

I suspect ROOk has too many quake projects already
    Mabye he could at it to a mode of CAx though? CAx already has instagib and airshot.
    uakene.com

Comment

Yah, I know R00k has a lot of projects going, I just know he's capable of doing it. Perhaps I can figure it out somehow.

Desription of Direct Rocket Damage Mod:

-Game is played on DM3 (I know shocking), but can be played on other levels.
      -The level is sectioned off into multiple "arenas", eg, RA room, SNG room, PENT area, BRIDGE area, MOUND area, YA room.
      -When you connect to server you are in back hall, and you select which arena you want to fight in.
      -Only two people fight at a time, per arena.
      -During the Fight you have three weapons, axe, shotgun, and rocket launcher.
      -Only direct rocket hits do damage, but non direct rockets will still propel your opponent. Axe and shotgun do normal damage.
      -If you get 3 direct rocket hits in a row, you will be rewarded with the lightning gun for the next round, and all subsequent rounds until you are defeated.

Comment

Sounds neet. You could pester RocketGuy since he's always bitching at me on how everyone (or maybe just me) always turns to r00k for modding projects. Sounds really easy to do (I'd offer to do it but my hands are full + whitehot's a priority) so just grab any modder to do it

Comment

Yah, i guess R00k was the only modder that i really knew, so that's why i mentioned him. Of course anybody who could do it and wants to do it would be great.

Comment

I would be able to do it, but I charge per hour. :p

No, but I could just add it as a votable mode in CAx. Then, if by chance it becomes popular, I could make it into it's own mod.

Comment

If its FFA style it could easily be a sub game in LASTMANSTANDING mode.
              The fact that this would be better than instagib, is the fact that its great rocket practice. I think maybe toss in the grenade launcher too. but only direct hits count!
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I think it would work better if it stood on its own. The problem with making it a voteable option on a CA server is that people who connect to the server will be expecting CA, and when they see that it's not CA, there's a good chance they'll leave.

Comment

You can always lock votes and run it as a Direct Rocket server.
                  This would alow you to play RA maps, 1 on1 ca with direct hits only
                  --
                  this can almost be emulated through current code/settings.
                  instagib with a weapons override.
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                  X