Maps update on Rage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps update on Rage!

R00k and I will be updating the maps pack on rage shortly. The set it has now is pretty sucky and was actually intended for another mod...not CAx. We'd like to only update it once, so if you have any ideas make them heard now!

Zop's remix maps, the top few maps in the dredd pack, the best from the old rage set, and a new map from distrans will all be included. Post your thoughts here or send to R00k or me.
    uakene.com

whatever maps are in the pack.. unless the mod forces a mapchange after every so much games, it will be stuck on dm3 24/7 as it is now...

Comment

Personally, I don't mind DM3. But it's true, the same map every time gets old. In CTF games it was ELDER (E4M3) 90%, that too got old. Public CTF games were fun because the maps rotated only 12 maps, yet you could vote to another obscure map if the other players agreed. A game only lasted about 20 - 30 minutes so, it wouldn't take long to proceed to a map that you might not like, and CA games are far less as long, maybe taking only 10 - 15 minutes.

Yet, this is not the focus of this thread entirely. We're just fishing for players choice of maps that could be on the list, or possibly with in the 8 - 10 maps that could be available for rotation.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

i think "crocktear" would make a fun CA map and its not on dredd/bogo AFAIK..

Comment

Croctear? Where can we see that map at =peg= ? It sounds familair
          Last edited by Phenom; 06-12-2007, 02:28 PM. Reason: didnt want to sound greedy :)
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

well its in the euroquakemappack for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
              whatever maps are in the pack.. unless the mod forces a mapchange after every so much games, it will be stuck on dm3 24/7 as it is now...
              I agree. Rage is known for people who want a quick DM3 fix. Not for custom maps and originality. We already have a server that runs all custom maps, one that uses both custom maps and Rage's current map pack, Rage is infamous for its DM3 playability.

Goodluck on getting Rage players to play other maps in a rotation. Hopefully using the best maps from other servers will give it a chance

It sounds like Rage is finally growing up! GoodJob!! (and thats not even being shitty!)

BTW I forgot to ask, so Rage is starting to use map rotation?
              Last edited by Phenom; 06-12-2007, 03:37 PM.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Comment

No, map rotation isnt planned specifically for Rage.

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post

Well that the point of voting, people get to choose what map they want, even if its the same fucking thing 90% of the time. We have 6 ports, we can always set the other ports to rotate. Truth is though, the players who actually play CA consistently....really they mostly just wanna play dm3. Most players who are unhappy with that I think would just be happier with another mod.
                  uakene.com

Comment

Well that the point of voting, people get to choose what map they want, even if its the same fucking thing 90% of the time. We have 6 ports, we can always set the other ports to rotate.
                    agreed..

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow No. 5 View Post
                      Well that the point of voting, people get to choose what map they want, even if its the same fucking thing 90% of the time. We have 6 ports, we can always set the other ports to rotate. Truth is though, the players who actually play CA consistently....really they mostly just wanna play dm3. Most players who are unhappy with that I think would just be happier with another mod.
                      too true. typically old school CA'rs play at rage because of the DM3 factor.

Did I just witness a map update at Rage 01?.... cuz it went to shit for a minute and said "loading maps something something"
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow No. 5 View Post
                        R00k and I will be updating the maps pack on rage shortly. The set it has now is pretty sucky and was actually intended for another mod...not CAx. We'd like to only update it once, so if you have any ideas make them heard now!
                        Are you asking people what maps they would like to see as "input" or are you telling them "These will be the maps" and wanting input if you should make that change to Rage?

This is actually slightly confusing, do you want people to suggest maps or are you just telling people what new maps will be added to Rage?
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Comment

I believe he's looking for input as to what maps people would like to see on rage. If it's some obscure map no one has heard/seen before, it might not make the cut.

Comment

BootCamp2.bsp

Digging thru my maps I found one that is pretty obscure, but might work for CA..
                            One large multi-level arena

connected by two corridors(one on the left and right)

into another open arena

the textures arent the prettiest but it reminds me of RocketArena map but large enough to hold a decent 5on5

Comment

Some of those maps don't look half bad R00k, well.. they look kinda ugly texture wise but cl_textureless could fix that! (looks like a mixture of stone and metal textures, which together not done properly looks bad)

I like the open, multi-level type maps, instead of always fighting on the same level (i.E DM3's OS fighting) I remember back when the phrase "OS Fight!" meant you were gunna have a RA styled battle OS.

Oh and =peg= Croctear looks awesome! I must have it!

I only played it single player but it has Clan Arena qualities written all over it hehe, camping spots, multi-level'd dimensions, vantage points, corners, crazy RJ skills for some spots, great map!
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                              X