Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha and Beta Testing

Hi all,

I put the finishing touches on the alpha version of the third Travail MP level last night. The level was concieved as a fast and lethal 2v2 romper room.

What I need now is a couple of committed players who have the capability to get the level loaded somewhere and then test it extensively with some "friends" in 2v2 mode (and report on this gameplay).

What I don't need is tyre kickers who just want a sneak peek. Nor do I need someone who'll insist on endless changes before they deign to organise team testing.

As this is largely an MP site, I hope I can get some assistance.

Thanks in advance :d

PS: Travail is a Quake PC. However, the three MP levels use standard Quake entities. Qtdm1 is a 4v4 coagula style level based on qtfin1, qtdm2 is a duel map based on a Q3 level, and qtdm3 is a 2v2 coagula style level based on a highly optimised, expanded and re-skinned Usher Recompiled.

Where's the map?
    uakene.com

Comment

Hehe, I want this to be a non-public alpha/beta...so if someone's interested I'll send via email.

Comment

Hah, in the greater scheme of things, a public release here would still qualify as a non-public alpha/beta. I'm not knocking this site, just the fact that netquake has seen better days. Maps are cool, cya!
        Chuck

Comment

Yeah, we are doing very well in the scheme of things, but the 300-500 unique visitors we are getting per day isn't something I would worry about being "public", IMHO.
          ---
          One of the main reasons we started this site is to try to start an effort to take the pain out of Quake and see if we can gradually increase the interest in the game. A Doom II forum I have seen has a client called ZDaemon and they have 3,655 members in their forum.

Quake should be doing a LOT better than it is. But the userfriendliness, the availability and the difficulty of finding quality information sux.

Given enough time, all things are possible.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Quake should be doing a LOT better than it is. But the userfriendliness, the availability and the difficulty of finding quality information sux.

Given enough time, all things are possible
            That's been my goal all along. Can't argue with that.
            Chuck

Comment

Yeah, ZDAEMON does have an amazing amount of players. I've played it before and didn't like it too much. Quake is much more fun.

And about MP maps, I don't like them unless I play them with bots. People never host those MP maps on a server, and if they do, noone comes there anyway. You should make some SP maps, or just throw in monsters in that DM map

Comment

Monster...

...this is a DM version of a previously released SP level.

As to this notion that I
                ...should make some SP maps,
                did you read my post in the introduce yourself thread?

I don't care if this thing never gets accepted on a public server, building levels is as much about process as product...and a large and important part of that process is testing. A few too many SP levels have been released recently without enough testing (or with a refusal to incorporate testers considered comments); the result being releases that should've stayed on the HD and cannibalised at a later date for the 10% of worthwhile material in them.

If no one from this community is able to (or wants to) organise team testing of this level it is unfortunate but understandable. I will try elsewhere (and will continue to do so up until the release date of the mission pack) but if no help from anywhere is forthcoming there is little I can do. The MP portion of the pack is only a small one (3 DM levels as opposed to 12 SP levels), and rest assured the SP levels are getting extensive testing at all key production points i.e., alpha and beta1+2 at individual level, integration and balance testing at episode level, and progression testing at mission level.
                (b)

Comment

Distrans, I've posted at Besmella-Quake about your map to see if perhaps there are some interested beta-testers over there.

Those guys are usually pretty good at these kind of things, I know of many members over there that have done a lot of map testing.

http://besmella-quake.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4842

I'll do a post at Quakeworld.nu and Quakeworld.us as well.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Distrans i can beta test if u want and make waypoints for frogbots if u want to!

[email protected]

is my msn also this email

Comment

put the maps online @ www.Quakeworld.nu/forum and ppl will try them

Comment

Baker: thank you very much! You rock.

Trinca: excellent! qtdm1 is done and dusted so I'll shoot it over for some waypoints. Do you do .loc files too, or should I hit bambuz for those? I'll email you direct about qtdm3.

Comment

locs is flintheart or bambuz

Comment

Ta for that info! You should have mappage in your box. If you can't get live bodies on to 3a drop me a line and I'll take Yellow up on his offer. (b)

Comment

Working...
                            X