This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info: 3wave Capture The Flag

3wave capture the flag is a team based mod originating from the plain capture the flag. The difference? Mainly the grapple hook, as well as the fact that the mod has it's own custom maps, which are symmetrically even as to create a fair game. Instead of an axe, it is a ball and chain. Runes still exist, but are vote able. (Strength, Haste, Resistance, and Regeneration).

The object of the game is to get the opponents flag and return it to your base, touching your teams flag in order to capture.

You start with 25 shells and 50 green armor, grapple hook and axe, nothing more.

3wave capture the flag is a fast paced game, if you're more into DM, this may not be the type of game you like, but if you like to dabble around in all the mods, then this is a great mod for you to get into.

For the "newbie" players, most 3wave servers offer +hook. But I strongly recommend that you use impulse 22 for the ball and chain hook. You will find that the players who use impulse 22 have greater skills in the grappling area, as well as combining the grappling with battling, as well as running the flag for a capture. The grapple hook is also able to be voted on or off, as well as a crctf mode and a 3wave mode. (crctf is based off crmod dm).

3wave does involve quite a bit of strategy. You have your defense, your offense, and your mid guys, each performing a different function to make sure your team prevails.

Just wanna practice? That's vote able as well, just simply type "practice" in the console upon joining a server. Flags become inactive during practice mode, but it's a great chance to work on your grapple skills / battling skills.

The required maps/files that you will need:
    http://www.quakeone.com/index.php?in...le&file_id=104
    uakene.com

I'd like to add that if you're interested in playing CTF, the reliable time when there are always people playing is 10 PM EST every sunday, usually on ctf.quakeone.com or crctf.clanhdz.com
    aint seen frenzy there in a while! >: |

Comment

WE should make a tut via youtube vids about how to play, basically then how to master the hook and team strategies. CTF is the best mod, forget team forkmess..... ctf everyone haqs same role, kill kill kill...
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I truly haven't meant to skip it, it's just that I don't have the net at my house. I have the net only at the college and only at my cousins. I will be there though, that's a promise =)
        uakene.com

Comment

Hey, does Stock Quake have normal CTF support in it? Or any Quake variant at all? As in Classic where everything is the same as it is in deathmatch except each team has their own flag and the score goes on flag captures and not frags, and to capture the flag your own flag must be at its base?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Xlink View Post
            Hey, does Stock Quake have normal CTF support in it? Or any Quake variant at all? As in Classic where everything is the same as it is in deathmatch except each team has their own flag and the score goes on flag captures and not frags, and to capture the flag your own flag must be at its base?
            No, CTF is a QuakeC mod and not built into the game. Source and download at:

Quake Terminus
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thank you Baker! It works like a charm!

Comment

(spam)
                Last edited by golden_boy; 02-18-2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanvirbajwa1 View Post
                  Thanks for sharing such info, Keep it up!!
                  spam-bot much?

a generic message which could be posted anywhere,
                  followed by some link which has absolutely zero to do with the thread...
                  Last edited by Solecord; 05-10-2015, 06:58 AM. Reason: removed spam link
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

we need more ctf Spam!
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I apologize for going off-topic, but this is still related to multiplayer gaming... I admit that my question is not very intelligent, but I don't play multiplayer games often... Anyways, I know that some servers don't have any hosts. But for some strange reason, these servers are always running (in other words, these servers are always available online). Why is this the case? I thought that all servers needed human hosts. I politely ask you to enlighten me. Have a wonderful day.
                      "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Your shoe is a host awaiting a foot even if everyone involved in making that shoe is dead.

In other words, it may take a human to set up a host but once it's set up, it's set up and requires no more humans short of maintenance, upgrades and fees.

This website is hosted. Solecord doesn't have to sit behind his computer 24/7 keeping quakeone on.

I hope my answers didn't seem rude. I'm trying to give you examples. Some more creative than others.

All servers are hosted by something/someone. Maybe some servers don't pay a company to host their game but there is still a host (a private server). Turn it on and it's on.
                        Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-09-2015, 02:41 PM.
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
                          I apologize for going off-topic, but this is still related to multiplayer gaming... I admit that my question is not very intelligent, but I don't play multiplayer games often... Anyways, I know that some servers don't have any hosts.
                          You mean some mod's don't have host's? Server shows 00/00? Is this what you was hinting at?

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
                          But for some strange reason, these servers are always running (in other words, these servers are always available online). Why is this the case? I thought that all servers needed human hosts. I politely ask you to enlighten me. Have a wonderful day.
                          And you was also noting how 3Wave CTF has multiple servers up and running, like a 3wave Clan-Rum.org server and a 3wave ClanHDz.com server are both running an identical mod, we totally got 2 of those and no active Slide server??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4S6dr9Ltzs[/ame]
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Slide like Qrally is more fun when 3 or more are playing. I remember way back when that was an easy game to find. Specially Qrally in dm mode is awesome, like Twisted Metal in Quake kind of way. Damn you Mindf!3ldzX! Now I want to play those.

Comment

Dude you aren't the only one. I recently dusted slide off for reasons other than playing it,which led to such desires floating to the surface.

There aren't any servers hosting it at the moment though, bummer!
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X