X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by bluntz View Post
    Yea right,a thread from 08 not closed?wtf? my threads closed like 6 mos after posted.cra z
    I think Quake Help forum has unlimited life spans.
    Other forums are 1 year of inactivity becomes locked once again total I think mode.

Leave a comment:

• bluntz
    replied
    Yea right,a thread from 08 not closed?wtf? my threads closed like 6 mos after posted.cra z

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Dude you aren't the only one. I recently dusted slide off for reasons other than playing it,which led to such desires floating to the surface.

There aren't any servers hosting it at the moment though, bummer!

Leave a comment:

• xaGe
    replied
    Slide like Qrally is more fun when 3 or more are playing. I remember way back when that was an easy game to find. Specially Qrally in dm mode is awesome, like Twisted Metal in Quake kind of way. Damn you Mindf!3ldzX! Now I want to play those.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
    I apologize for going off-topic, but this is still related to multiplayer gaming... I admit that my question is not very intelligent, but I don't play multiplayer games often... Anyways, I know that some servers don't have any hosts.
    You mean some mod's don't have host's? Server shows 00/00? Is this what you was hinting at?

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
    But for some strange reason, these servers are always running (in other words, these servers are always available online). Why is this the case? I thought that all servers needed human hosts. I politely ask you to enlighten me. Have a wonderful day.
    And you was also noting how 3Wave CTF has multiple servers up and running, like a 3wave Clan-Rum.org server and a 3wave ClanHDz.com server are both running an identical mod, we totally got 2 of those and no active Slide server??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4S6dr9Ltzs[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    Your shoe is a host awaiting a foot even if everyone involved in making that shoe is dead.

In other words, it may take a human to set up a host but once it's set up, it's set up and requires no more humans short of maintenance, upgrades and fees.

This website is hosted. Solecord doesn't have to sit behind his computer 24/7 keeping quakeone on.

I hope my answers didn't seem rude. I'm trying to give you examples. Some more creative than others.

All servers are hosted by something/someone. Maybe some servers don't pay a company to host their game but there is still a host (a private server). Turn it on and it's on.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-09-2015, 02:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RL Clown
    replied
    I apologize for going off-topic, but this is still related to multiplayer gaming... I admit that my question is not very intelligent, but I don't play multiplayer games often... Anyways, I know that some servers don't have any hosts. But for some strange reason, these servers are always running (in other words, these servers are always available online). Why is this the case? I thought that all servers needed human hosts. I politely ask you to enlighten me. Have a wonderful day.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    we need more ctf Spam!

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    Originally posted by tanvirbajwa1 View Post
    Thanks for sharing such info, Keep it up!!
    spam-bot much?

a generic message which could be posted anywhere,
    followed by some link which has absolutely zero to do with the thread...
    Last edited by Solecord; 05-10-2015, 06:58 AM. Reason: removed spam link

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    (spam)
    Last edited by golden_boy; 02-18-2015, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Team Xlink
    replied
    Thank you Baker! It works like a charm!

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by Team Xlink View Post
    Hey, does Stock Quake have normal CTF support in it? Or any Quake variant at all? As in Classic where everything is the same as it is in deathmatch except each team has their own flag and the score goes on flag captures and not frags, and to capture the flag your own flag must be at its base?
    No, CTF is a QuakeC mod and not built into the game. Source and download at:

Quake Terminus

Leave a comment:

• Team Xlink
    replied
    Hey, does Stock Quake have normal CTF support in it? Or any Quake variant at all? As in Classic where everything is the same as it is in deathmatch except each team has their own flag and the score goes on flag captures and not frags, and to capture the flag your own flag must be at its base?

Leave a comment:

• Frenzy
    replied
    I truly haven't meant to skip it, it's just that I don't have the net at my house. I have the net only at the college and only at my cousins. I will be there though, that's a promise =)

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    WE should make a tut via youtube vids about how to play, basically then how to master the hook and team strategies. CTF is the best mod, forget team forkmess..... ctf everyone haqs same role, kill kill kill...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X