Reviving Max.Essentrix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviving Max.Essentrix?

Just FYI, since it seems like the max.essentrix.net server isn't going to come back up, I want to point out that any ambitious server admin-wanna-be can single-handedly revive max.essentrix.net

If you want to run the max.essentrix.net server, all you have to do, more than likely, is pay the $32 per month for an 8 capacity server to Essentrix and hit up Rook for the CA+ plus code, as he is the care-taker (and you might not even need to do that).

To contact essentrix, you email chris --- at ---- essentrix.net and since essentrix.net domain is still held by Essentrix, of course, you would be able to get that as well.

And ... if no one is interested, it might not be a bad idea for vis --- who runs the HDZ servers, to inquire about getting domain forwarding from Max so the handful of players who don't seem to know about HDZ can still play CA+.

Just my thoughts, Max seemed perpetually busy.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Not a bad idea. I mean divide that fee between 3-5 people and you've got yourself a server. When I participated in helping finance a server it was easier for me to just pay a few months at a time ahead of time. Could never remember monthly without a paper bill in my hands.
    www.Net-Tyme.com
    Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
    Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Fortunetly the ca community has the sense to just move to another server when one goes down, rather than like with trinicom leaving and taking pub ctf with it. I saw 12 people on ca.clanhdz.com the other night.

Hah, maybe someone is willing to pay $4/month for a 1 player essentrix server that forwards people to clanhdz
      uakene.com

Comment

Hmmmm... I emailed Chris about this, (starting a 8 player server at Essentrix, but I got no response? I'm intrested in opening MAX back up
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

It is one of the rare occasions where someone would immediately inherit a large player base. But only if something is done within the next week or two, otherwise it becomes a Trinicom-style ghost town of an idea.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

ive got plenty of ca players on my msn to spread the word if it does reopen

;P
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

8? I wanna see the old days of 16 player matches
              Or in QW 32 player matches

Hell lets use DarkPlaces and get a 64player match! Hrmm... Need a good large map, and RuneQuake for added insanity.... You know I really do suddenly like this idea of a 64 player game.... It would be utterly nutters.

O_O 32v32 CTF! Enough players to make real defense and also make real assaults! NEED MAPZ!
              Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

My head starts to spin when more than 12 players are present.

16 vs. 16 or 32 vs. 32 CTF ... whew, it would require either massive coordination or one team that was disproportionately strong to capture the flag.

As it is, even a 4 on 4 game it can be pretty tough to get the flag back to base.

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow
                  Hell lets use DarkPlaces and get a 64player match! Hrmm... Need a good large map, and RuneQuake for added insanity.
                  naw just host the e1m7 map and have a contest for who can stay alive the longest:d

Comment

d00d the game would be so horribly lagged. Just... No. Forget about it.

Comment

I recall back in the day, you could set the maxplayers in DarkPlaces up to 64, and if you tried going higher a textbox would popup and say
                      More than 64players?! First, question your sanity, then, email LordHavoc at
                      So on, so forth.

Always humored me.

Up there with the version of Firefox which has under the Options for Cookies "Cookies are useful and delicious treats"

Comment

Pretty sure DP still says that.

Unfortunately, I don't think Firefox says that anymore Apparently now it's too popular and has to appear professional.

Comment

Actually now it doesnt question your sanity until you try to go over 255 max players

LordHavoc is insane like that =)

255 deathmatch7 on a suitably sized map would be SO laggy....

Comment

host it on essentrix

Comment

Working...
                            X