X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAX update request!

can we get this on CAx?

replace that newb green with orange!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

glowing pants?

Comment

orange or baby shit green.It's pretty obvious which one is better in Quake1, a game consisting of various brown's and green's for color's. (without texture replacements,which im considering whole heartedly at this point,because original Q1 textures are trash. Anyone supply some pre-fab'd setups for texture replacement, and if you supply a link wtf do I do with it.

<3mindzy<3

ps : eieio, its server-side. quake.ihoc.net and color 14 (orange) color 15 (bloody).

interesting,no?
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

naw color 15 is struggling neon paintist .. or painter..whatever

Comment

Personally, GREEN and YELLOW in QRACK look like purple vs pink to me.
          I'd prefer WHITE over orange, for team4 but why the hell do we need 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 anyways? The maps aren't that big. (and if they were the weapons are not made for long range) CAx only has 4 teams because that is what everyone cried about 6 years ago when i started. That orange color btw is a server side hack not mod.

www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Mindz = hacks
            War is hell.

Patton

Comment

I know its server side, but orange > other colors, all 13 of them.

it would be sex to have orange as a team color option.

Comment

Possibly but as mentioned above that orange really is FULLBRIGHT, which is why it looks cool, but I'd think a normal orange that wasnt fullbright might really blur the difference of red vs orange as now its green looks like yellow. How about instead of colors, we just choose player models for each team

A quick nix of the confusion would be for server admins to limit the amount of teams to 3 instead of 4. red vs blue vs yellow.

Comment

i really dont care about green hatred/liking it. I just find orange cool,especially the fullbright version as you mention. Its for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    How about instead of colors, we just choose player models for each team
                    Hahah, that'd be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mass View Post
                      Hahah, that'd be great. Especially if there is a naked d00d model.
                      fify.
                      "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

The ability to have those colors is foremost an [easy] engine modification.

Normally Quake won't allow you to pick color 14 or 15.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

yes,I'm aware of that (ihoc quaker), have or had access to winquake-IHOC.exe

Comment

Ive been playing counterstrike source this week. On a offshoot private server/mod? Dunno didnt know u can alter the cs source but. It gave me an option for CAx. On this server when you die you are observer until the guy who killed you die, then u spawn back in the game. The round ends, when one entire team has totally died. Now the twist is, that when the round starts everyone has a long range weapon, when you kill a 1st level player you get an automatic weapon switch to a more powerful weapon. But as you kill opponents there after you get their weapon. Better or for worse. This twisty roundbase style really is new and fun. instead of die and wait for everyone to die in CAx now, this might be something for weekend warriors to play a fast paced mode...

not that im gonna hatch this out today,(but i can if resp0nse is postive and abundant), just wanted input from more active players..

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X