gchq.quake1.net ping survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gchq.quake1.net ping survey

Idea behind this: many of us have played European players on servers lately (Polarite & co.), but they've been USA servers like quake.shmack.net:26002.

GCHQ runs the standard ID maps (DM3, DM6, ..) plus has some custom maps available. To get those custom maps ---> European NetQuake Maps 5.5 MB

For anyone who wants to participate in this survey:

1. Connect to gchq.quake1.net (United Kingdom CRMOD server)
    2. Post your ping in this thread

My ping at gchq.quake1.net = 130
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

171 <-- Western Canada
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 04-30-2006, 11:19 PM.

Comment

w00t , lowest ping so far.

120's

EastCoast USA
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

West coast Canadia
        156-164 ping with WinQuake
        130-140 ping with DarkPlaces (golly, what can't it do?)

Comment

i ping 100-115 on that so i can still own me some euros
          This body holding me,reminds me of my own mortality.
          Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal,all this pain is an illusion.

Comment

40 and ugh...
            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit
              40 and ugh...
              LOL! You don't hear those 2 words in combination very often.

10 to 1, I'm gonna guess you connected to GCHQ with a single-player type of setup using a single player type of engine :d :d :d

NetQuake DM road rules:

1. Use ProQuake first. It's the only client that works great for DM without a ton of tweaking. Get ProQuake

2. JoeQuake and QRack *can* be setup ideally for multiplayer. In my experience, it takes a fair amount of effort. The Brazilians are big on a special version of JoeQuake (X 0.30 or something) for multiplayer.

Hydro uses JoeQuake Pro (QRack before it was renamed) and absolutely is devastating with 100 ping. He shafts and aims like a laser beam and otherwise busts up the joint when he plays.

I can do JoeQuake multiplayer, I turn off about half of the QMB particles and turn interpolation off.

3. DarkPlaces ... errr, well ... I personally haven't found an ideal setup that gets a solid and consistent frame rate when rockets are exploding all over the place. The time you LEAST want any lag or frame slowdown is when rockets are coming at you.

Until someone posts some verifiable ideal settings for DM for that client, I don't see how anyone isn't at a big disadvantage using it for DM, personally.

Maybe it can be, I haven't personally found the secret formula.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Well maybe it's time to throw away the EGA card...

Comment

Originally posted by Sajt
                  Well maybe it's time to throw away the EGA card...
                  I admittedly *don't* have the best graphics card. That could very well be part of my problem. I have an ancient GeForce 2.

You were kicking some ass, even with that West Coast ping ... were you using DarkPlaces?

Comment

Were you there? If you're talking about today, I was using WQPro because DP wouldn't connect

Comment

I'll go there today.

Comment

EEeeek! Don't let Monster on. I used to go to GCHQ to escape him burying me at fear. (jk) :d

Kind regards

Monty

BTW My Ping was 40 last night from England. ...and yes I get my arse kicked on GCHQ (usually by Jackhammer, Polarite, Loaded1MbImage and Peg) almost as much as on Fear, Shmack, etc.
                        Mr.Burns
                        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
                        X