No announcement yet.

The Legend of Bam ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might add, I'll keep playing with the control panel in DP, and if I find one that works well for me, I'll post it here.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
      Also, I noticed if I try to connect to server and don't have the map, I get disconnected with the "whatever.bsp was not found" before the message prints that tells me where I can get the maps.
      I've connected many times before without maps and I was never disconnected?

Comment

Originally posted by Bam
        I've connected many times before without maps and I was never disconnected?
        My bad .... I must not have been paying enough attention. It does that just fine.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Bam, still haven't seen the d/c thing occur again after that last update.

Did notice 1 thing: after a game that my team won 5-3, it printed at the end of the game that Red won 5-0.

And, I don't know if you were thinking about doing this, it would be nice to have a "4. Green Team."

I can't think of anything else myself (don't forget the MM2 thing), the mod looks great.

Excellent job! I'm amazed at the speed at which you've managed to code all of the changes.

Comment

I can't remember the last time I've seen a problem with CAx. It looks almost fully debugged.

It could use some IP masking of that last set of digits.

Comment

Hmm, ip masking was included in the mod code base i thought.

also in strings.qc, you have sanity redundant. Basically if string.qc returns "" then the warp command treats the map choice as invalid.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k
                Hmm, ip masking was included in the mod code base i thought.
                Yeah, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. I think I got confused.

also in strings.qc, you have sanity redundant. Basically if string.qc returns "" then the warp command treats the map choice as invalid.
                I just did the best my feeble skills allowed to clean up string.qc until someone with actual QuakeC skillz could fix it up proper :d :d

Speaking of the Bam ... I haven't seen him in a week.

Comment

There was an instance today where 3 players, 1 being myself, all selected colors but when the game started, I didn't "join". I ended up winning the round, despite still having just a crosshair and no weapon model showing after 1 player got killed and the other player suicided. After we aborted the match, everything worked properly.

Maybe this was an instance where the match was forced and I selected a color after that vote???

This is the only bug I've seen in forever (to anyone else reading this, the color change issue and MM2 issues are related to the features of the engine squake-ihoc, not the mod ... we know about that).

Comment

That shutter-upper thing was pissing me off. It must be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                      That shutter-upper thing was pissing me off. It must be fixed.
                      Thanks to some information from Yugo2Heck, that problem will soon be a thing of the past as soon as Phenom has a chance to do it:

nospam_say 0 <--- turns off chat spamming thing
                      nospam_color 0 <--- turns off color changing limits
                      nospam_name 0 <--- turns off name changing limits (I didn't know this existed
                      These are cvars for squake-ihoc.

Should be able to go like +nospam_say 0 +nospam_color 0 in the server command line.

Those commands actually make this more useful for other servers, those controls could be on by default on an FFA server. Plus the built-in IP masking + colors 14/15 are quite nice.

Comment

Btw ... I messed up the warp menu "hip1dm1" is a typo ... needs to be "hipdm1".

Comment

I just tryed the +nospam_say 0 in the command line and it was a nogo. "SHUT UP FOR 10 SECONDS!"
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I moved it in front of some other commands in the command line, all three NOSPAM_SAY NOSPAM COLOR NOSPAM_NAME SHOULD be working now
                            QuakeOne.com
                            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                            X