Bomber Plot Thickens!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomber Plot Thickens!!

I changed some of my settings on my router earlier today back to the default to do some testing for someone.

Later in the day, I tried to connect to Bomber!

** I couldn't **

So the Bomber mystery continues! There are about 6 players who can't connect to Bomber, and using the default router settings I am one of them!

I can connect to Shmack, Intertex, IHOC and other servers with the greatest of ease.

But not Bomber! Hmmmm....

Is it the host IronRocket somehow? Is it the engine, seems impossible? Is it somehow the mod? Does it have to do with DNS aliasing somehow?

Interesting questions ...

I think #2 and #4 are simply impossible and I have strong evidence to believe #3 is very unlikely. What could IronRocket be doing differently that would cause a small handful of Quake players to not be able to connect, if this is the case?

If it were a firewall issue, wouldn't this affect a vast number of players? Could it possibly be a route issue? That seems strange if my prior router settings caused no issues.

This is weird!
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I couldn't help but notice this in BAM's bomber code

Code:
    if (hasConnected(javier))
       server.kick getIp(javier)
    fi

Comment

I would have believed it if it said "Yellow No. 5", heheh
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Bam banned you. HA!

Comment

lol thats so fake,

default:
          Code:
          	if (ban_check(self.myip) == TRUE)
          		{
          			banent = self;
          			utils_make_scheduled_event(ban_kick_client,0.05);
          			return;
          		}
          literal hard coded:
          Code:
          if (self.myip == "127.0.0.0:255")
          {
               banent = self;
               utils_make_scheduled_event(ban_kick_client,0.05);
               return;
          }
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
          X