DM: QTDM3 Uberskank by Distrans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM: QTDM3 Uberskank by Distrans

A new and outstanding DM map named Uberskank by Distrans has been released. This map not only looks outstanding, the game play is excellent and fun. The test version is running at quake.intertex.net:26002 (which isn't this version and that needs to get updated.)

QTDM3 is part of an upcoming Travail Mission Pack.

Download: qtdm3.zip 532 KB Zip
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Vegetous tried to post these EZQuake screenshots in the news thread, but the news thread, as far as I know, only supports plain text.

Here they are:

Some screenshots:

-
    -
    -
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Someone should free vegetous from that hideous bloom.

(Yuck! I am starting to rant over and over... Sorry about that. )
      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Skyboxes add some character to maps. So do things like fog, lava steam and MD3's and I noticed the new player model that gets talked about a lot lately.

But you know players, they'd turn all that stuff off so they can ownzor someone.

And even if you still got performance playing like that, you'd get all distracted with how pretty everything is.

Would you believe hardcore players bitch that Quake 4 doesn't have options to turn off a lot of the stuff, for example?

------------

Let me ask you this... I know I am getting a little philosophical about this!

Do the above pictures beautiful pictures highlight the craftsmanship of the map? Or do you look at the bloom, the MD3s and the skybox and not at the map.

I nabbed this off Jozsef's site. Does that picture look nice because Hell's Atrium looks any better or are you looking at the skybox and judging from that?
        Last edited by Baker; 05-24-2006, 09:50 AM.

Comment

A beauty skybox make a map looks 10 times better than it really is!

--//--

Spirit,

You're just jealous that I have ez's Bloom!
          Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Here's Yellow on Dranzdm8:

This isn't an exact quote, but the conversation goes like this:

Yellow: "Ack!"
            Me: "What?"
            Yellow "Lag?"
            Me: "Huh? It's as smooth as hell for me?"
            Yellow: "The sky"
            Me: You are using QRack right?
            Yellow: Yes
            Me: I'm using JoeQuake with no problems whatsoever
            Me: Are you using a custom skybox?
            Yellow: Yes
            Me: heheheh, sounds like a personal problem to me

Comment

Flintheart -- the QW loc file master who has made hundreds of these -- has made a Quakeworld loc file (FuhQuake/EZQuake) for this map.

http://web.telia.com/~u46505083/Quake/fuhquake_locs.zip

His page is also listed on http://www.quakeone.com/maps

Comment

That skybox in azure agony in that screenshot, doesn't go good at all with the level. Its too medieval...Is that thing a mountain or a castle? Either way it doesn't look good with quake's dark atmosphere. Blue skies? Ewww....

Comment

I love skyboxes in single player. Like the Tides of War.

Skyboxes are nice. There is nothing wrong with them, and I really like Vegetous's screenshots.

I personally don't use them in DM due to what I consider both an unreasonable performance hit (not a trivial one) and the distraction factor.

I consider those Quake screenshots Quake Art and I like them quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                  X