Dallas CAx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas CAx

I put the new CAx mod up at dallas.servequake.com:26000((dallas, tx)) same as the one at cax.servequake.com:26000((atlanta, ga))

I also put-up a hook mod at wicked.servequake.com:26000((atlanta, ga)) for any hookers out there (lol)

Give them a try. Thanks!

ping is same as the other dallas Cax server. Although maybe others (Lust,TV) might ping better there.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

How often do you guys play on here? I'm down to start playing again if there is any kind of active scene (i.e. more than 5 people on a day consistently). I played a ton on Rage.Quakeone.com a couple years back before my life kinda got derailed and I want to get back into playing again. I ping a lot better to Dallas than I do to Rage from my current location.

Comment

welcome back bro! MrsMindz and myself are always gaming at various times, but normally in the evenings.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Awesome. I connected up to the various servers last night and Dallas gave me the best connection. I always wonder why nobody hosts a West Coast Quake server. You would think that there would be more players than there are these days but the scene seems pretty sparse.

Comment

the west coast quake scene for me was short lived and never bounced back (IHOC/XOC servers,located in Washington state run by Yugo2hecK)

Quake unavoidably goes through its ups and downs, and the most recent down time is just getting started. If you can survive long enough in the slim pickin's, brush up on your Quake skills, when it blooms again you'll be prepared.

Comment

I would probably ping 15-20 there if I had my old connection, now the lowest I get anywhere is 50, even to my ISP is 50ms ping time, it's horrible.

Cool server though!
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

50ms is questionable for the minimum service you should recieve. 50ms to your first hop outside your connection is 50ms brah?! WTFOK

Comment

I play when i can.. Usually a few nights a week... Grapes anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    I would probably ping 15-20 there if I had my old connection, now the lowest I get anywhere is 50, even to my ISP is 50ms ping time, it's horrible.

Cool server though!
                    I came browsing these forums for the first time in a while and I noticed something I could comment on.

If you're using DSL, there is line mode called "Interleaved" that will add this extra generic latency to your routes. I had a 50ms ping to my first hop as well and I was forced to endure 100+ ms ping times to central NQ servers before I got my line mode changed to "FastPath" on the DSLAM. I was forced to contact my ISPs Tier 2 technical support over the telephone for them to "fix" this for me. Again, if you're using DSL, I'd recommend doing a few Google searches on this to get some more elaborate information and then attempting to call your ISP and request that you be switched from "interleaved" to "fastpath." The downside to this is that you will need a competent tech (usually teir2+) that knows what you are talking about to get these changes made on your DSL.

Comment

Changing host at middle of month.. Server may go down for a few days. FYI

Comment

okay,will keep that in mind.

UGS -> to -> ???

Comment

Art of war, UGS just keeps gettin worst and worst.. Another email stating they are having financial hardships and may make pricing increases.. Fok that! Aow is cheaper now then ugs

Comment

Well I don't think a price hike will make things better for them lol.

Comment

Art of War did the same thing a couple of years back, must be how popular hosting sites shake-n-bake.
                              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                              X