Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lets play Coop with tooozday thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lets play Coop with tooozday thread!

I know this will help splinter face and me get in a game together and anyone else. But I needs serious helps. I used dark places at the moment and I know there are a lot of coop mods, including some ones that got PM'd to me.

One of them gives the monsters good looking graphics and the other does stuff to the water only it makes it kinda glitchy.

Also, my parents or my sister won't buy me the mission packs and I already spent my moneh.

I just need some tippers on what popular coop mods for regular quake (the normal maps) are out there and how to go about using them.

My brain hurts.

I'm using OS X 10.7.4 if that helps anybody.
    God be with you Ireland...

RQuake Coop mod, thats all you need. It's awesome

rage.quakeone.com:26003
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

s00n FvF

Comment

Originally posted by Tuesday View Post

Also, my parents or my sister won't buy me the mission packs and I already spent my moneh.
        And where would you buy missionpack for quake even if you had money ??

Comment

Originally posted by ForestMan View Post
          And where would you buy missionpack for quake even if you had money ??
          Probably Steam: About | QuakeWiki

getButterfly - WordPress Plugins

Comment

^ exactly that, steeeeam =D

Comment

10 euro for both seems cheap.. think it´s pretty mutch 10 dollars.... Can one use different engine on steam version? Or is it pain in the ass to fix it?

Comment

@forestman
                its easy as pie. just copy the hipnotic and rogue folders from the steam versions to your quake client folder and thats it
                and then start them the same way you'd normally start the missionpacks, like for example 'darplaces.exe -hipnotic'

@tues
                its splitterface, not splinter face

@mindz
                ive never tried RQuake Coop mod myself. but right now kleshik is totally my fave mod for coop.
                oh, i read on the site that Rquake coop based on runequake? i hope it doesnt have all that wacky stuff that runequake has like all kinda weird power-up runes and grappling hook and such? cuz i totally dont like all that kinda stuff in my quake

where could i obtain a copy of the rquake coop files? cuz the links on the official site are dead
                Last edited by talisa; 05-15-2012, 08:19 AM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                  @forestman
                  its easy as pie. just copy the hipnotic and rogue folders from the steam versions to your quake client folder and thats it
                  and then start them the same way you'd normally start the missionpacks, like for example 'darplaces.exe -hipnotic'

@tues

@mindz
                  ive never tried RQuake Coop mod myself. but right now kleshik is totally my fave mod for coop.
                  oh, i read on the site that Rquake coop based on runequake? i hope it doesnt have all that wacky stuff that runequake has like all kinda weird power-up runes and grappling hook and such? cuz i totally dont like all that kinda stuff in my quake

where could i obtain a copy of the rquake coop files? cuz the links on the official site are dead
                  [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbIzT-J9qS8]Shambler Army RQuake COOP Multiplayer - YouTube[/ame]
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                    RQuake Coop mod, thats all you need. It's awesome

rage.quakeone.com:26003
                    ^^ Vouches with Mindz ^^

Ed
                    Helms Crow and me were having a blast the other night on this server, very well put together COOP.
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Splitterface

Stupid spell checker.

Yeah, no hooks in coop plox. I want to play QUAKE. not QUACK.

I will also google the mod you posted splitterface.

Also.

Dear OS X

Please stop turning all my bad words into good words, you piece of shut.

Sincerely,

Every Macintosh user.

Comment

haha piece of shut
                        i hate spellcheckers, they always make a mess, i dont know why anyone would wanna use them

and kleshik you can find here: quaketastic/multiplayer/mods
                        you'll need all 5 parts
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Yeah I downloaded it =D

Do you have like, a IM account or something? We needs to get into games. Together!

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                            @forestman

@tues

@mindz

All you need is the maps, and those are availible here : QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection - Quake 1 File Downloads - Coop.RuneQuake:26003 7-Zip

While its a mod, its a server side mod, and its COOP multiplayer ready out of the box, short of downloading those maps.

Runes and Hook and all that riff raff are vote on and or off, but I highly recommend you use the Runes. They are your basic purpose runes and do not subtract from the gameplay. If you try to think RuneQuake COOP and also think Shmack RuneQuake are both in the same hand basket your sadly incorrect. They are far far from the same, and anyones opinion of shmack gameplay can't be applied to RQuake Coop.

If a 2 shamblers from RQuake COOP was turned loose in Shmack , I would definately put my money on the shamblers because they are super beefed up versions of the original Quake. If you thought defeating a normal Q1 shambler is tough well prepare to be raped by the RQuake Coop version.

In the video I was using Double Damage Strength rune, and I was already beefed up / leveld up. Me and Monster totally spanked those Shamblers, but give it a try yourself on the Wolfenstien map (when you spawn on rage.quakeone.com:26003, walk straight to the farthest back row your facing when you spawn and Castle Wolfenstien shambler army is there,waiting to kick your teeth in Doing it at level 1 is almost impossible....
                            Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-15-2012, 04:39 PM.
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Got a kleshik server running and findable on the Darkplaces in game master server list.
                              Also: posting a new video of it since I am trying to find new people to play on this cool mod, so for those of you who don't know about it, check it out.
                              Link to mod files, alternate links on youtube page.
                              [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnhAgo3Y5E]Kleshik Coop mod for Quake Darkplaces[/ame]
                              Last edited by DeadTenor; 02-15-2013, 11:10 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

Working...
                              X