Atlanta CAx Host Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta CAx Host Update

I have changed the host on Atlanta CAx due to the old host having lag issues. My new host is still masked by cax.servequake.com.

Only 2 server's i will have for awhile are Dallas.servequake.com & Cax.servequake.com....

Wicked.servequake.com is closed, because it was on the same host. It will not be re-opened, but i am looking at another location, possibly Virginia or St.louis to open another CAX. Anyone have any input to where i should open my next server let me know. (((I will not open in Chicago! Thanks)))

Depending on ping times, and if offered, check into St.Louis. Just a suggestion, I recall it being the location of several servers in the past.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

can you get us some IP's so we can ping each server?
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

here are 2 Virgnia IP's please check both (not sure what ill end up with) 75.102.47.51 - 64.34.179.212

I'll get st.louis later when i can get logged onto a computer, cant seem to pull it up on iphone..

Comment

Whatever you ping to quake.shmack.net is what you will more and likely ping to st.louis.. the host i am using runs out of that SAME data center as shmack. i ping 40-50 there.

Comment

Also guys and gals, please provide me with feedback on the new host, so far 2 people connected while i was on and they dropped over 15-20ms in ping, Jbone & Tool/Concept. Both pinged 60+ and both are from northern states/canada. Any feedback will help me help all. CROW, most importantly you!

Comment

I showed up, but both you, tool in[10] and someone else had already left the server.

fooooooooooooooook

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                I showed up, but both you, tool in[10] and someone else had already left the server.

fooooooooooooooook
                Yeah back on the road, did ur ping get any better, same or worst??

Comment

im buffering Joel McHale Soup (Talking bout Chicks,Man) but I'm test it shortly.

It was a solid 40's ping to begin with, rarely in 50's at CAX. Lately ,I've been able to cope with any ping (thanks to playing at bigfoot server occasionally)

Will edit shortly... we ping 39/40, yes we improved

Comment

i ping a solid mid-twenties now. woot. my highest ping in the last few minutes was 31. so i see a major improvement. come to cax, to die plz.
                    "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

it's settled in now. i don't even graze above 25--- literally 22-25. =D
                      "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Great glad to hear improvements, i will keep dallas on its current host, if he gives issues which luckily it has no i will move it also.. Until st. Louis or Virginia??

Comment

well St.Louis offers a mid ground for more canadians, for sure compared to VA. Geographically, St.Louis > VA

Comment

Just got back from Miami I will test soon.
                            BTW virginia is where the 2 backbones meet in DC the other is boulder co.
                            I got the best results at 64.34.179.212 of 69ms
                            Last edited by bluntz; 06-07-2012, 07:03 PM.
                            WARNING
                            May be too intense for some viewers.
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                            ---------------------------
                            .--------------------------

Comment

You just got back from miami, and im just arriving in miami, (little cuba). I have to head across state to fort myers then to bradenton and back to lake city...

Comment

Working...
                              X