3 player co-op. Can't get to work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 player co-op. Can't get to work.

I've been trying to get 3 player co-op with me and my bros and i'm not having any luck. One brother is on the same network as me in the same house and we can join each others games fine but I can't get my 3rd brother who lives on his own to see our games, and we can't see his.

All 3 of us running darkplaces. Any ideas on what to try? I tried a number of things a couple weeks ago. Don't remember what exactly, but anything I could think of.

Any help is appreciated! Also, is there a better engine for online play? been hearing there is. wondering what makes one better than the other for online and if I should switch if I want to do co-op or is it only more important for deathmatch games.

My choice Proquake4.51. Your problem is probably within your network settings, firewall, or your router is not configured for someone to connect to you. Try adding -ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx meaning xxx is your IP net address. This may force the net IP over your lan ip which is probably 192.168.1.1 Give the a try in cmd line.
    Example: c:\quake\ -game crmod -listen 16 -zone 1024 -condebug -mem 128 -ip 47.513.53.43 -port 26000

If your running it dedicated use -dedicated 16 instead of -listen 16, 16 being the number of players that can connect to the server.

Comment

Thanks wicked. that's quite the command line. Whereas I use darkplaces and no CD would my command line look like this?

c:\games\quake\ -darkplaces -listen 16 -zone 1024 -condebug -mem 128 -ip 47.513.53.43 -port 26000

Or would what you suggested there only work with proquake?

Also, the 47.513.etc, that your ip? I would need my own in place of that, right?

I'll try that as soon as I can get my brothers together. Sorry for the follow up questions. Pretty fuzzy on all this networking stuff now lol.

Comment

The 47 ip is just example. Yes replace that with your ip. You should have no problem using darkplaces and that cmd line

Comment

Working...
        X