RCON commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCON commands

Does anyone happen to know what RCON commands or have a LIST of RCON commands that can be used on a server?

As much as i know, the RCON commands i currently know are
    of course..

rcon_password
    rcon say whateveryouwanthere <- works like talking from server side.
    rcon changelevel dm3

Off hand thats all i really know.
    The RUNEQUAKE mod only uses Rcon commands to control it on the administrator end.

If you are an ADMIN in CAx or CRMOD you can use admin commands to enable disable things and so forth. Anyone know if you can do that with RCON?

example: In Runequake you have "vote" options. Well if there was an ADMIN code you could over-ride the vote option and force it while being admin.

Player types "vote-runes" and it allows player to call a vote
    Now with RCON can you just over-ride that vote? Not sure how its done, i tried typing " rcon_vote-runes" and "rcon vote-runes" and all the second one does is try to change the map. any help is appreciated thanks.

also, WICKED.QUAKEITUP.COM:26000 i changed to RuneQuake MOD with over 200 custom maps. GO PLAY!

rcon let's you do anything you could normally do in the console.

In single player, type sv_gravity 200 and jump. Or type "changelevel e1m7".

To do this with rcon, you type "rcon sv_gravity 200" in the console.
    To do this with rcon, you type "rcon changelevel e1m7" in the console.

That's all it does is run the command as if you were sitting there at the server and typing it in.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      rcon let's you do anything you could normally do in the console.

In single player, type sv_gravity 200 and jump. Or type "changelevel e1m7".

To do this with rcon, you type "rcon sv_gravity 200" in the console.
      To do this with rcon, you type "rcon changelevel e1m7" in the console.

That's all it does is run the command as if you were sitting there at the server and typing it in.
      Ok, sounds good.. was just making sure.. Did not know if rcon could over-ride votes or force a vote like admin.

Comment

Behavior of a mod like CRMOD or RuneQuake or CAx, etc. depends on the mod itself.

If it is RuneQuake (or maybe even CRMOD), you might consider asking Slot Zero over at forums.runecentral.com. [CRMOD: JPG -- the author of ProQuake and CRMOD -- and Slot Zero were very close. So I believe Slot Zero has unusual familiarity controlling CRMOD remotely. I could be wrong.]
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

So I believe Slot Zero has unusual familiarity controlling CRMOD remotely. I could be wrong.]
          not wanting to control CRMOD remotely. I just put up the runequake mod, but i know it doesnt offer an ADMIN side to the MOD. If it does, it's way hidden in code. <-- wild guess on my end

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
            not wanting to control CRMOD remotely. I just put up the runequake mod, but i know it doesnt offer an ADMIN side to the MOD. If it does, it's way hidden in code. <-- wild guess on my end
            Seek answers at Rune Central. It does have an admin side to it. I think you can define up to 6 admin codes.

Comment

Btw ... Kimp came up with a way to abuse rcon a couple of years ago. More or less it involved trying every rcon code from what I was told.

I'm going to throw something special into the upcoming server deal that limits rcon failed attempt per ip to 3 every 15 minutes. So someone can't try to guess the rcon password any more.

This was on a list of ideas I received from JP Grossman a while back on things he felt would make the engine better.

Note: Be careful about accidentally attempting to use rcon while connected to someone else's server. An evil server admin could obtain your rcon password in that manner.

Comment

Btw ... Kimp came up with a way to abuse rcon a couple of years ago. More or less it involved trying every rcon code from what I was told.

I'm going to throw something special into the upcoming server deal that limits rcon failed attempt per ip to 3 every 15 minutes. So someone can't try to guess the rcon password any more.

This was on a list of ideas I received from JP Grossman a while back on things he felt would make the engine better.

Note: Be careful about accidentally attempting to use rcon while connected to someone else's server. An evil server admin could obtain your rcon password in that manner.
                I heard about him rcon/admin hacking and etc.. People with NO life obviously have all the time in the world to do things like that.

Thanks for the head's up on rcon for other servers.. lol

Comment

Here is a list of commands that can be used to force certain settings, using rcon, that would normally require a vote:

Code:
                  quadon
                  quadoff
                  penton
                  pentoff
                  ringon
                  ringoff
                  suiton
                  suitoff
                  armoron
                  armoroff
                  rotateon
                  rotateoff
                  runeson
                  runesoff
                  altson
                  altsoff
                  shieldson
                  shieldsoff
                  hookdamageon
                  hookdamageoff
                  megaon
                  megaoff
                  armordropon
                  armordropoff
                  faststarton
                  faststartoff
                  backpackson
                  backpacksoff
                  powerupdropon
                  powerupdropoff
                  runedropon
                  runedropoff
                  lgdischargeon
                  lgdischargeoff
                  classicmegaon
                  classicmegaoff
                  weaponsstayon
                  weaponsstayoff
                  randomspawnon
                  randomspawnoff
                  freehookon
                  hookon
                  lithhookon
                  hookoff
                  shootbuttonson
                  shootbuttonsoff
                  Note that these only force a certain state of a toggle setting, normal voting can still be used to change that state..

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
                    Here is a list of commands that can be used to force certain settings, using rcon, that would normally require a vote:

Code:
                    quadon
                    quadoff
                    penton
                    pentoff
                    ringon
                    ringoff
                    suiton
                    suitoff
                    armoron
                    armoroff
                    rotateon
                    rotateoff
                    runeson
                    runesoff
                    altson
                    altsoff
                    shieldson
                    shieldsoff
                    hookdamageon
                    hookdamageoff
                    megaon
                    megaoff
                    armordropon
                    armordropoff
                    faststarton
                    faststartoff
                    backpackson
                    backpacksoff
                    powerupdropon
                    powerupdropoff
                    runedropon
                    runedropoff
                    lgdischargeon
                    lgdischargeoff
                    classicmegaon
                    classicmegaoff
                    weaponsstayon
                    weaponsstayoff
                    randomspawnon
                    randomspawnoff
                    freehookon
                    hookon
                    lithhookon
                    hookoff
                    shootbuttonson
                    shootbuttonsoff
                    Note that these only force a certain state of a toggle setting, normal voting can still be used to change that state..
                    Thanks for the info peg..

Comment

Working...
                    X