To People who Run 'Map Repositories' for Quake MAPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To People who Run 'Map Repositories' for Quake MAPS

The various Quake engines now days ALL support automatic map downloading in NetQuake, well I would like to request that these places (R00k,Baker,and I think whoever runs Quaddicted maybe?) there are like

2 to 4 places that Engines are defaulting the automatic map download URLS so im presuming I'm directing this to about 3 to 4 people in specific, I would like to request that we work torwards completing your map collections......

The are a shit-ton of Capture the Flag maps that are missing from your archives,and people are getting "NO MAP'd" all the time lately.

Can we please update these repositories to have the CTF collection of maps included.....
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Spirit runs quaddicted, and is a dedicated archivist.
    I expect he'll be along shortly.

That said, if you have the maps you say are missing, you should probably get them packaged and ready to send to him : )
    Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Originally posted by gnounc View Post
      Spirit runs quaddicted, and is a dedicated archivist.
      I expect he'll be along shortly.

That said, if you have the maps you say are missing, you should probably get them packaged and ready to send to him : )
      I already have an 'ace in the hole' when it comes to this, and I've already spoken to him about it R00k has a uber-CTF collection, and im sure he'll happily oblige to be the originating source that disperses a uber-CTF-collection.zip , etc.

I have Clan of RuM pak files, ClanHDZ pak files,and I am no where near an accurate source of 'all 3Wave/CTF' maps.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

bump + requesting again.

Comment

Mindz can you provide a link to the set of missing special CTF maps, so I can add them to the quake-1.com depot?

I figure the missing maps are a "Gold pack" or something.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

and others!! like pigremix , R00k is the one to talk to. I have 2nd hand shit,and he has other maps I dont. If you want I can give you my stuff but I just have Quakeone.com stuff,Clan of RuM stuff,and Clan HDz stuff.

Comment

when such maps dont auto download, i jump on google, type "map_name.bsp" with quote marks and 99% of the time I find the map. Its pretty easy.
              Rambo[RuM]
              I support:
              Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
              Qrack - Thank You r00k
              Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
              Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Originally posted by rambo View Post
                when such maps dont auto download, i jump on google, type "map_name.bsp" with quote marks and 99% of the time I find the map. Its pretty easy.
                But its also not needed in 2012. Do it right or don't do it at all imo, and All these players saying "no map" = useless, considering it shouldn't be happening. with these new engines / map repositories.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  But its also not needed in 2012. Do it right or don't do it at all imo, and All these players saying "no map" = useless, considering it shouldn't be happening. with these new engines / map repositories.
                  these said people are LAZY
                  Rambo[RuM]
                  I support:
                  Qrack - Thank You r00k
                  Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

hey hey bro,I'm not trying to wipe anyones asses. I just feel its god damn timed we get out act together.We shouldn't be experiencing (anyone,new or old) map not found in 2012 SRSLY.

That includes you brah

Comment

i find it relaxing to manually download, gonna try and run q95.bat soon
                      Rambo[RuM]
                      I support:
                      Qrack - Thank You r00k
                      Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

run your ass back to base its not safe !heehee

Comment

Working...
                        X