Help setting up LAN game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
    never heard of this burns. what does it mean?
    I was told it was intended to allow you to select a weapons preference bound to a particular button. In this instance MouseWheel up would have selected RL or GL, whereas MouseWheelDown would have scrolled through the remaining weapons. I'm surprised it doesn't work as it was donated from what I had always found to be a very reliable and helpful source, but I'll bow to Baker's immensely superior knowledge in this area

Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
      I was told it was intended to allow you to select a weapons preference bound to a particular button. In this instance MouseWheel up would have selected RL or GL, whereas MouseWheelDown would have scrolled through the remaining weapons. I'm surprised it doesn't work as it was donated from what I had always found to be a very reliable and helpful source, but I'll bow to Baker's immensely superior knowledge in this area

Kind regards

Monty
      Considering you guys in Europe are far more likely to have NQ+QW players, could be a FTEQW user or someone using ZQuake for both.

Also not impossible that DarkPlaces or maybe even Qrack added such a feature in recent times to make it so QW players could more easily play NQ.

I just know the above is not a standard Quake feature and isn't in any classic NQ client (GLQuake, ProQuake, FitzQuake, etc.), barring recent engine modifications I'm not aware of.

[Although ... perhaps it should be ... I'm no fan of 2 different ways to do things, but if I were a QW player I'd at least want something basic like the above work, I suppose, instead of being aggravated? I don't know ... ]
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
      X