Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    haha, quake on a xbox 360 controller. BLASPHEMY!! I save the 360 controller for racing games or fighting games.

Glad to hear DirectQ is getting mouse enhancements :FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    lol. rook - mh msg'd me that raw input is coming, so i guess it's not there now. dinput is ancient apparently and even msft doesn't recommend using it any longer:

While DirectInput forms a part of the DirectX library, it has not been significantly revised since DirectX 8 (2001–2002). Microsoft recommends that new applications make use of the Windows message loop for keyboard and mouse input instead of DirectInput (as indicated in the Meltdown 2005 slideshow[1]), and to use XInput instead of DirectInput for Xbox 360 controllers.

so, either xinput for xbox or raw input for pc's is the way to go ...

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Oh you mean This?

mach 5 = 1 701.45 m / s

not this?

Mark 5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So this version goes fast not "drives the demons out of" Fitzquake....

OH that damn filename lied! fitzquake_mark_v.zip

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Fitzquake MACH 5 could be what it gets called r00k

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    if FitzQuake mark V had pq features......

Leave a comment:

• Syluxguy28O3
    replied
    i think i might make a poll relating to this.

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    baker -

note that i emphasized "optional" in both the topic and throughout the thread. i don't think the original quake shipped with a mp3 player, but you're fine adding that in as an "optional" feature. as i said, proquake, out of the box default can look like "and" sound like original quake. but ... if you want the same quake play feel but with enhanced sound and textures, you can, again, optionally, add those. but anyway, as the other guys are saying ... it's your ship ... just asking ...

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    I remember up until maybe 5 years ago Frenzy always used 320x240x8 with wqpro.

On a similar note, i think ProQuake should use the square particles found in DosQuake. The circles of original GLQuake look kinda odd.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    You're catering to a dying breed Baker.
    If you start ProQuake and it looks like Quake, I'm fine with that.

24/7/365

Leave a comment:

• Syluxguy28O3
    replied
    I would like texture support, but hey, its your ship, so sail it how you want.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    You're catering to a dying breed Baker. DAVE represents the last of the Quakers who desires 1996 Quake @ 320x200 w/ that in mind, time to blow you up @ arenax.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by killingtime187 View Post
    well, getting back on topic here ... i just connected to a full tdm server and i noticed that the clients being used (those that show up with q_version) were split between pq and qrack -- 4 pq vs 3 qrack, from what i saw. so, we can conclude -- for tdm, half the players either like or don't mind the original textures or ... don't have a choice. for me, i fall into the "don't have a choice" category and hence this forum topic.
    Most players find one client to use and stick with it forever or until there is a reason to change.

It is usually newer players that try out of different ones, existing players just boot up what they like, connect to a server and play.

do you think this request is unreasonable ? note that i'm not asking for really extensive and advanced changes as one would find in qrack or dp, but just simple texture replacement -- essentially the same thing dq has ... everything else remaining the same.
    The request itself is reasonable and I understand it.

But my goal with ProQuake, like JP Grossman, was strictly GLQuake level of functionality.

The request is understandable, but ProQuake means something. Some of us have used ProQuake for 10+ years. It means someone is playing real out-of-the-box Quake style for those of us who consider the game as it originally came to be pretty damn good.

Call it what you will:
    1) An oldschooler engine
    2) A Klassics engine (as Mindzy might spell it)
    3) A "Real Quake" engine

But that is what ProQuake is. For people who appreciate the game as it shipped.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    DirectQ is a very fast, stable, feature rich client.
    I thought it already had raw_input?

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    that's right mindzy! i'm going to give dq 1.8.8p2 a try for a bit for tdm match play (have hd texture pak issues with 1.9.0). also, got word from mh that he'll be releasing raw input support shortly -- sweet. here is a pic of dq 1.8.8p2 on my laptop from just a moment ago running qrp texture set + hd font:

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    I wont lie to you,in 2012 its about "Games looking pretty to me" , and Quake1 shouldn't be any exception !!!!

Darkplaces HD unfortunately isn't a logical choice in "Competitive Gameplay", atleast it isnt for me I don't maintain enough constant FPS to vs a human opponent. But for COOP its beast, and I'm about to load it now...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X