Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killingtime187
    replied
    lol mindz. but yea, i'm not saying that engines that are geared toward 100% original netquake gameplay should be changing anything that would affect how the game "feels" -- input, networking, etc ... all stay the same. but i'm sure concept and those others have gtx 670's or so and are not willing to move away from a feel that have taken them ages to get used to, but ... wouldn't mind and can definitely run with some 24bit textures on their hd card + monitor

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    In my opinion, its not 1996 and everyone should stop acting like it is.
    a VERY small select few players actually want their quake to look like the original

The only 1 player I can think of,is Concept/Giroux/Tool, and he DEFINATELY plays like its 1996 (320x200 resolution lol)

my 2cents once upon a time woulda bought me two gumballs

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    well, getting back on topic here ... i just connected to a full tdm server and i noticed that the clients being used (those that show up with q_version) were split between pq and qrack -- 4 pq vs 3 qrack, from what i saw. so, we can conclude -- for tdm, half the players either like or don't mind the original textures or ... don't have a choice. for me, i fall into the "don't have a choice" category and hence this forum topic.

anyway ...

baker -

do you think this request is unreasonable ? note that i'm not asking for really extensive and advanced changes as one would find in qrack or dp, but just simple texture replacement -- essentially the same thing dq has ... everything else remaining the same.

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    spike -

checked out and built latest source code from trunk. 64-bit exe - no problems again. pq loc file support -- confirmed working! still need to figure out how to show whether i need rl or not -- an important status for tdm play i can always create another bind for that of course ... no problem, but it's a nice to have. i replaced %r with %b for now.

good job!

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    Splitter - you're dead right about that it seems

Spike - sounds great. I'll grab and build it myself. I'll also re-test the 32bit alt-tab with this updated source. Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    64bit builds should run fine (driver-willing), and I'm not aware of any 64bit bugs, not even with qc+pointers.
    You might have issues with finding usable dlls for the features that need those (ie: q2, ode, freetype2, ogg support, but these are extraneous features that won't affect faithful quake).
    It worries me that your drivers crash on alt tab.

also, I committed a tweak to support proquake-style loc files, and to automatically load your locs in anything but single player, but I'm not sure when Moodles' public builds will pick that up. If you're compiling your own you can just update + recompile yourself.
    Last edited by Spike; 12-15-2012, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    @killing i was dead serious about spike being so quick to reply and to help and such

just look how fast he replied here
    Last edited by talisa; 12-15-2012, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    Spike -

The locs work on pub servers. Just need to figure out "need" option for loc. Also ... It seems I need to load the loc "after" the map loads, when I load before - eg. In autoexec.cfg - it doesn't pick up when I test locally with a map spawn - eg. Map dm3, test, instead I have to do map dm3, loadloc again, then it works.

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    Whoa, thanks a lot Spike! I got some minor reading and config to do. By the way, just for the heck of it, I grabbed a copy of the source and ran it through vs2012 - compiled and ran without any problems. Also ... To push it a bit further, I tried generating a 64bit exe and ... It did and it works! Not sure if there are any limitations/problems with 64bit, but it did solve one problem - alt-tab would crash the win32 version, but the 64bit version kept going like a champ.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    try $need (or %u, which also means 'need'... somehow...).
    also tweek the tp_need_* cvars so that it'll never report armour etc, or something.

all of the macros listed by the macrolist command are usable by prefixing with a $, which is also how you can expand cvars. Naturally, $ macros can be expanded in more than just say commands, but impulse and set etc too. Ensure that they're quoted if you want them inside an alias.

Regarding %/say macros, there's a sufficient list of them towards the end of this page: QuakeWorld for Freshies - note that this is documentation for the qizmo proxy and that fte doesn't support nNgCzZ, for one reason or another.

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    ok, found that there is loadloc command to load a loc, but is there a way to make the client load all locs automatically ? also, there is one bind that i use in pq -- %r = whether i have or need rl ... any equivalent for this one ? i guess a reference of some sort would be nice so i don't have to keep asking.

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    thanks rook.

never used qw locs. any reference on how to use within game ? i extracted your locs, but, of course, i'm using my pq binds for locs -- %l %r etc, where is the readme for the qw equivalent of these ?

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    @killing
    fte should have loc support... at least QW loc support anyway.
    loads eg "locs/dm3.loc"
    file contains a list of lines such as:
    X Y Z name of location goes here
    and it favours the nearest.
    use one of these to access it:
    say %l
    say $location
    tp_autostatus "$ledstatus{$name $chealth @ $location}"
    (the last one probably only works on qw servers with teamplay active - nq servers are assumed to have teamplay 0).
    If locs don't work for you, try a public server?
    I'll see if I can do anything to cope with proquake using the wrong sort of locs...

yeah, I'm still hacking away at fte. generally with huge mega commits (that I really should stop doing), so changes tend to come in bursts.
    loosing the software renderer means that the rest of the code doesn't really have to care whether its gl or d3d - its all just textured triangles in the end anyway.
    the mingl version apparently lacks NQ support, so beware of that.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    The locs are not ProQuake loc support, FTE is a QuakeWorld client 1st. There are ALL TDM locs available for QW.

HERE ->>> QW LOC FILE
    Last edited by R00k; 12-15-2012, 10:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    splitter - are you serious or just joking around ? hard to tell with the sarcasm sometimes in these forums

if serious, then i want locs support asap!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X