Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R00k
    replied
    its used for darkplaces protocol and quakeworld. It predicts your movement and the latency clientside before sending to the server. I think its similar to cl_independant_physics in quakeworld.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    What does the cl_movement 1 do? There is rarely ever any discussion into the exact mechanics of these types of things.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Darkplaces can have a clientside physics thru prediction (cl_movement 1)
    but all the rest use same, as the physics is handled on the SERVER in multiplayer.

-dinput is not set by default, though Qrack uses it as default.

I personally set m_directinput 0 and m_raw_input 1, m_filter 1 in Qrack.

IMHO i think Baker is gonna finalize proQuake by version 5.0.
    Then move away from that engine.

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    rook - does that fix any differences in the physics/movement implementation as well or do all quake engines have the same physics code ? i dont have -dinput so i'm not sure i'm using it ? or this enabled by default regardless for all clients ?

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    EngineX is not ProQuake with the extras added.
    Stock PQ3.50 feels like mouse acceleration is on to me in Win7...

try using -noforcemparms in qrack, enginex, or proQuake if u get wierd "feelings"
    to me though the directinput is same in all glQuake derivatives. And just using m_filter should feel the same in any client.

Leave a comment:

• killingtime187
    replied
    i've tried enginex and it doesn't feel the same as pq to me. so, unless baker says that this "is" pq with "default" hd stuff on top, i'm not so sure.

Leave a comment:

• monoz
    replied
    Isnt that Engine X?

Leave a comment:

• proquake *optional* replacement textures support

before starting a flame war, i made sure i highlighted the keyword "optional" in the forum topic. after reading the following post -- http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...ake-music.html, i wondered ... why not also "optionally" allow for replacement textures ? proquake, out of the box, will always give you the classic/original look and feel of quake without you having to configure anything. however, for those that want to alter the sound and/or gfx *without* losing the classic netquake feel, it should be possible to do so. i think the most important thing is that any optional additions do not alter the feel of the game play or it should not be added.

so, given that's almost 2013, and pretty much every one here has a machine/setup that can easily handle hd textures + sound, how about adding this option to proquake ?
Working...
X